Dating expectations & exclusivity...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by golddustwoman, Apr 1, 2014.

1. golddustwoman

golddustwoman Member

Is the general expectation that you can date multiple people until exclusivity is discussed or do girls generally date one girl at a time?

I'm new to actual dating !!!

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

There's no right or wrong answer except -- be honest. Communicate with the person/people you're dating. You'll look like less of a jerk if you're open that your dating relationships are not exclusive.

3. golddustwoman

golddustwoman Member

4. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Well-Known Member

There is no general expectation other than to be honest. If you are dating other people while also seeing her I think its something she should be aware of.

5. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Most people nowadays kind of expect that, unless some uber religious or insecure types.

Imagine, you date someone one time, on a friday and you may not see them for a week or so, haven't talked them. Someone attractive asks you out on a date that evening on a Tues. Are you cheating? No. Can you see yourself saying "I'm seeing someone." and you've only spent 3 hours with her?

That is what exclusive means. You're not exclusive until you both agree that you are. Its usually not even talked about.
    I know a woman who did that to a friend of mine, demanded he sees no one else. He said "okay"... and had sex with other women while she went on dates with him. Sure, she had a mind and found her sexy, but she wasn't giving up the goods. :) Did he lie? Yes. But she also had unrealistic expectations.

I never demanded a date to be exclusive, ever. I think a few have asked If I'm seeing others or would... and I gave an honest answer. Which IMHO, goes a long way.

PS: Only once I've dated two women at the same time and they were already friends... that was awkward when one said to the other "This is so-n-so" and the other says "I know." :| But I didn't lie and so I dated two women at the same club at the same time, individually. ie: Not a threesome.