Crazy ex- help!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Shannon1981, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Shannon1981

Shannon1981 Well-Known Member

Yep, it's another help post from me, After Ellen advice gurus. Here goes.

I have an ex who can't seem to get the message. We only dated for three months, but she was incredibly controlling. For instance, when I moved into my new apartment, she came over here, brought a bunch of shit over, took my bed off its beautiful frame (she is a heavy set girl and hates beds on frames), said that the only way she'd stay over was if the bed remained off the frame and if I slept with the fan she brought on the bedside table. She also had a terrible anger problem, but instead of recognizing it for the problem it was and taking responsibility for it, she said it is just a part of who she is and that dealing with her meant dealing with her getting pissed off and she wasn't apologizing for it. As if that weren't enough, when I finally broke up with her, she texted me nonstop, asking for break up sex at 4 in the morning, wanting to come over at crazy hours...finally one day she showed up here, acting all crazy, crying and shit. I finally talked to her, told her (Again) why we weren't going to work, and sent her on her way. I didn't hear from her for a month, and now she is texting me, wanting to hang out, cook dinner, like nothing happened. I already had a 30 day temp restraining order run out. I am working on something more permanent.

How should I handle this?

2. Kareen

Kareen Member

change your number, delete hers permanently, and do not open your door to anyone unless you invited someone over and are expecting them. install a cheap cctv/surveillance camera on your entrance, so in case you want to file a complaint for harassment, you have evidence to back it up.

if you can get an extension restraining order for at least a year, that would be great.

heartbreaks are hard, it's gonna take a while for her to move on. be consistent and persistent with your actions and your words.

goodluck!

3. Beyond Infinity

Beyond Infinity Well-Known Member

Run away ! Just run away as fast as you can, never look back, imagine there's a crowd of starving zombies running after you and even if you stumble into something, just get up and keep running until you find a car, then drive to the nearest airport and fly away, even if she jumps with a parachute on the right side of the wing where you will stay, jump off of the airplane and keep swimming until you some dolphins finds and lead you to an island that doesn't appear on the world's map and stay there until she gives up. Trust me, it will work fine if you follow the plan.

4. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

@Beyond Infinity - That's a good plan unless the crazy ex gets wind of it from AE. I suggest making several false trails.

5. Beyond Infinity

Beyond Infinity Well-Known Member

Yep she could do that too, but there's always a plan B. if you know what I mean :twisted:
    [​IMG]

6. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

That's a lot of firepower. That should work!

7. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Introduce her to the date you had where the lady showed up with her mom.

And, change your number for starters.