Confusing

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Sunny90, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Sunny90

Sunny90 Member

I think I like a girl who I've known years but contact has been on and off. A lot of people think she is gay, she's told me she's liked girls before. she always brings up the subject of being gay to me and she mentions other gay girls a lot. She compliments me. But I'm thinking this could all just be because she's found a friend she can confide in?

We lost contact like two years ago but recently she has started messaging me and we've hung out a few times in a group of friends. We chat pretty much everyday and sometimes until the early hours of the morning. She's the one who carries on the conversation when it dies out, I rarely start up a new conversation.

When we met up for the first time after years I felt taken aback because she looked so great. I think about her a lot so I think I like her. We get along so so well, but I'm not sure she is interested. Sometimes I feel like she is, sometimes I feel like she isn't.

What do I do? Should i not hope?

mariannek2u likes this.
  2. mariannek2u

mariannek2u Well-Known Member

Ask her out for drinks...see how she reacts ;)

greylin likes this.
  3. Sunny90

Sunny90 Member

We are both loving the idea of going to gay pride but I think it's just because we are really into clubbing at the moment hahaha!

Edit:
    It's just any time she starts to talk about being gay or bi or whatever she talks about it being a phase. It could be true but also she might not be ready? She seems like she knows she likes girls but it does seem like she doesn't know how to feel about that

4. karin000aoi

karin000aoi Member

In my opinion, the messaging (especially keeping conversations alive) is a sign of interest.
    You said you hung out in a group, but pay attention how she behaves when it's just the two of you. Does she get closer? Do you feel that little tension?

You should definitely ask her out to do something with you. Even risk it a little, invite her over for dinner. From past experience, being somewhere private helps someone who isn't too sure about their sexuality to be more comfortable.

Good luck.

greylin likes this.
  5. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

I don't see enough here to offer an opinion on whether she's interested in you or whether, knowing you're gay or bi, she is finding a commonality with you that doesn't extend beyond friendship.

The only way to know for sure is to communicate with her-- ask her to coffee, dinner, etc. But tread carefully, the last thing you want to do is find yourself in a position where you think something is a date, she doesn't, and then the whole situation gets awkward.

greylin likes this.
  6. Sunny90

Sunny90 Member

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

I'll try and pluck up the courage to hang out together again

Honestly the only time we've been really close was when we were drunk and we hugged a lot and held hands a lot. I didn't realise I liked her at that point

I'm starting to think it is purely platonic for her

7. Sunny90

Sunny90 Member

Update ...... we are officially together!!!!!!

Spygirl, greylin and Bluenote like this.
  8. silliputty23

silliputty23 Well-Known Member

Oh great job. Would have been nice to hear the details. Some of us like a good "love" story.