Confused

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mel123, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mel123

Mel123 Member

Thank you all for replying to my previous post, I really do appreciate it. The reason I am making another post is because I left out information that I wonder would change your thoughts a bit on the situation. So I left out that at the fact that this girl did sit beside me during class and I asked her to work with me on a small in class assignment and she asked me once too to work together on a quick class project. We never really had a long conversation. Our conversations would normally consist of short witty comments while doing work together but I never really had the chance to make conversation but we would atlas get to talk even for a short while every class. I asked for her number and she actually seamed thrilled to give it to me but her excitement could have just been part of her normal personality. Then this is where it just gets weird and turns on me. I text her asking if she wants to work on a project with me and then I transition the conversation to movies and she doesn't respond back to me. she explains by text the next day that she crashed on the couch studying. It was a few days before a big test and I did text her late at night and her texts came every 30 min to an hour. Then the next time I see her in class she doesn't sit where she normally sits, which is beside me but rather on the other side of the room seaming to be fully invested in her laptop which she normally doesn't do, which I figure she is studying or working on something. Then next class she sits beside me and for some reason I act super shy, I honestly don't know why and lacked talking and facial contact but instead only laughed whenever she said a joke to me but never talked back to her for some reason. I guess I was kind of doubtful if she still liked me or not. Then the next class someone put their stuff on the spot where I normally sit so I sat in another spot. Now I guess no one was really sitting there or I don't know really what the whole situation was but a few moments later she goes back to her seat and she moves her stuff from her spot and goes and sits beside another girl she has more classes with (which I assume gives them more time to talk and get closer) Its been two classes since that day and we haven't talked a word to each other since. I also noticed she is getting significantly closer with the other girl, but in a friendly way, I notice no signs of flirting in any way. I can't help it I am jealous. But I also can't help beating myself up wondering if I was more sociable things would be different. Should I try talking to her again and see what happens? should I just leave her alone?
    For those of you who read this whole post, I thank you for giving your time. I just don't know what to do and it seams like the people on here know how to give good advice.

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Leave her alone. She has sent clear signals that she isn't interested in anything with you.

Frazier likes this.
  3. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

You're reading way too much into the seat decisions of this girl. So she sits next to another girl....you don't own her, she can sit wherever the hell she likes without your analysis. I agree wholeheartedly with @Bluenote here. You need to back off.

Spygirl and Frazier like this.
  4. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

She is not into you. Working with someone on a class project is just that. It doesn't mean she likes you and it doesn't mean she wants anything to do with you outside of class -- note the lack of a response to anything personal.

If you keep this up and keep pressing, you're going to look like a crazy stalker.

Bluenote likes this.
  5. Mel123

Mel123 Member

Okay, thanks. I guess I just needed to hear the truth, which is slightly harsh but I must accept it.