confused and new

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by jolew354, Mar 4, 2016.

1. jolew354

jolew354 Member

hello, im posting here as someone whose just figuring things out and is new to the whole dating scene here. i think i was in denial for many years and have finally realised and things now make sense. anyway im new to the flirting thing and wasn't very good at it with guys (maybe because i wasn't really into them deep down). there is one person who i deal with a few times a week at work. again dont know if im reading into things too much or not. i'm pretty sure she is the same way inclined as i am. we have these long eye contact sessions (don't know how else to put it) and im not normally good with eye contact being shy, then the occasional from a distance catch each other looking then look away. the other day having a meeting with her she had her legs open with her phone sitting quite high up between them, ive never seen any girl do before. she laughs at things i say which seriously are not funny at all. anyway again as i said im new to all this and may be over analysing it. any advice/tips would be helpful, yes im interested in her too. cheers. I havnt noticed her like this with others in meetings. When looking at stuff on my computer we always somehow end up with both hands on keyboard and them touching. Anyway I’m confused and new to this. Thanks

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

It is not a good idea to date someone you are working with. If it goes wrong - it can go really, really wrong.

The things you have described do not point that she definitely likes you, or definitely does not like you. Sometimes at work (or school, etc...) people are bored and will chat people up or flirt to pass the time. They don't want anything serious, they are just having a little fun. I would not do anything with a coworker, especially from something as vague as her actions.

rainydaze and TheScandinavian like this.
  3. jolew354

jolew354 Member

Thanks, what are other people's views/experiences in similar situations? Cheers

4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer New Member

Just curious to see what kinds of things you've told her. Have you hinted that you were interested at all? Or have you tried to play mind games (especially being that it's at work) and maybe stray her off the idea that you may be interested in that sense.

I think I'm currently on the flip side of the coin but it's a very complicated and long story. I almost feel like everything is just in my head and I'm reading into all these signs. Mind you, this is at work and I don't want to start anything with anyone at work, so currently, I'm enjoying all the "flirting" but staying professional and not mentioning anything to hint that I may be interested but secretly dying after work. Did I say dying? I mean, dead. I'm dead. Haha

5. jolew354

jolew354 Member

thanks. I totally understand. Sometimes I don't know if I'm flirting right or not. Any tips on that? I do have a dry sense of humour which she seems to like compared to others who don't get it.

6. Maisy

Maisy New Member

Flirting tips... I have many!
    If she brushes past you all, or catches your hand on the keyboard etc, say ooooh that felt nice, she can take it as a joke but it will still get her thinking either way.
    You could also look her up and down and smile, if she fancies you too this will most definitely turn her on.
    Try licking and biting your lips when she's talking to you, not like a crazed animal obviously but just subtlety enough for her to notice.
    Remember that your eyes are a channel, your facial expressions, your voice, your body language.
    Slowly and gently stroke your bottom lip with your index finger, look intently into her eyes while your doing it and don't forget to smile. The power in these small gestures are pretty intense and could drive her wild!
    Good luck ;)

7. jolew354

jolew354 Member

I like your thinking Masiy. What does it mean when she sits with her legs wide open? I havnt seen her do that when meeting others. Its when we are meeting esp a coffee meeting. She does this smile from corner of her mouth teeth showing and looks at me so I do the same. The lip biting I didn't realise I do already. The touching part I don't want to come off creepy so any further advice there would help. At a corp sports event she flashed h
    er belly button ring at me whilst getting ready. I'm hoping to play golf with her soon as well..

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  8. jolew354

jolew354 Member

anyone?