Complications of a Straight Woman.

Discussion in 'Advice (Dear AE...)' started by casanovagirl28, Aug 19, 2013.

1. casanovagirl28

I need some serious advice because I am torn and no one in my circle of friends (who are all straight) seem to understand.

A straight girl I met through work asked me out on a date, I was taken back thinking she was joking, she responded with "Guys are lame". I said okay, because really what did I have to loose, other than two ex gfs who I really needed to shake.
    We went on our date, it was cute like any other date. I went away from a trip and the night I got back she wanted to see me and I saw her every day for a week. Took things slow, because it was all new to her.

Here's the bad parts, she is one of those girls who say they can't be friends with other girls because she doesn't get along with them, so all her friends are boys. To add to this she was on the website the dirty twice for being called a slut and other horrible things. Before the first date I knew this but wasn't even sure if I would like her because I only had met her when I was drunk.

Slowly her texts became more and more shitty, but we finally hung out and ended up sleeping together, planned an upcoming trip to Vegas, she told me she would be liking me for a long time, always the sweetest thing in person. Next time I see her I buy her flowers, take her out, we have a great night. I always text her cute things, how she is my favorite, etc.

Two days later she posts a picture of her "friend" saying how he is her favorite person she can't wait to go visit him, how much she loves him. I know her history with him, they have never met and he is crazy so I am not really concerned, just think shes ridiculous for trying to lie. I ask her if I should bring someone else to Vegas, she is all weird and says no and trying to lie to me I guess. Then comes to a family BBQ as my girl, etc. Super nice in person all into me, texts me like I annoy her and when I ask her in person she says no that I am being silly.

Here's the deal, I am not ready for a commitment, but would like her to put just as much energy into me as I do to her, she used to love talking to me and stuff. I am going to Asia for a few weeks in the fall and do not want to be attached to anyone.

I am not sure how I should treat her, could she be scared? want attention? just want to be FWB? Overall I just wish she was nicer to me. All my friends say she would leave me anyways for a man and that it's a game for her. I'm falling for her pretty hard and in less than two weeks we will be on a trip together. I'd drop all the other girls I am seeing for her, but I am not sure how to start a serious conversation, we both avoid it.

Someone try to help me lol.

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

How long are you going away to Asia for? Is it for good or just for a little bit?

3. Echo

Echo Member

This is iffy.

If you're down to get serious with her, it's time to overcome that awkwardness and be straight up about it. Ask her how serious she wants to be with you. If it's serious, than great. If not, I'd break it off before you fall any deeper.

But honestly, this girl spells trouble....she doesn't really seem all that committed judging from your story....

4. DottyDoes

DottyDoes Member

Wow came to this randomly and it described a situation I just got out of. From my my experience, I thought I wasn't attached to her, until I found out that she actually had feelings for that "friend". It really pissed me off and I felt like I had been played the whole time with lies and began to question what is it that she says is real. I would say get out of it before your feelings get hurt or at-least back off a little so it may help her come to the realization that she really likes you and if she doesn't then you just got out before feelings got to deep.

5. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

If you're not ready for a commitment, why would you want anything serious with this girl? Everyone's already saying the girl is bad news, I agree with them, but what about you? Why would you be so invested in a girl you have no intention of being serious with? Why would you want her to put as much energy into a you as you have with her when you don't want to commit to anything? What if she falls for you? What then? I think this is just an ego trip. You have no business pursuing girls as if you wanted them to commit when you, yourself, have no intention of doing so.