Charice

Discussion in 'Lesbian/Bi Celebrities' started by lynds126, Jul 5, 2013.

1. lynds126

lynds126 Well-Known Member

I don't think people understand how hard it is especially for an Asian person to come out. Asian parents are very strict and they have high expectations. I'm Japanese and I was lucky that my mom loves me for who I am but we struggled with her idea of what she wanted for me for years. But I haven't told the rest of my family because of this. Charice took a huge step for the LGBT community, but I think she took a bigger step for the Asian community.

2. Anzhelika277

Anzhelika277 Member

3. lynds126

lynds126 Well-Known Member

hey =p whats up??

4. MeltingCharcoals

MeltingCharcoals Active Member

Girl is amazing! I'm following her peronal twitter account. Everyday I read how average thinking Filipinos make fun of her but she's still standing proud and enjoying her music. She's taking one for the team. It takes courage and confidence to publicly come out of the closet AND stay in the limelight. Most of Filipino entertainers keep mum about it, or worse they disappear. But this girl chose to stay on top and make a difference. I love her, I could not have done what she did. About 70% of Filipinos bash her but she's still standing strong.

5. sapphistafricana

6. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

Man, I'm so completely out of the loop! I'm under a cave or something, 'cuz I was completely not aware of her image change or her opening up about being gay. How fantastic is that?! I love Charice, she's always been so incredible to me. I mean, really I'm a sucker for anyone who can sing (and she can f'ing sing, my goodness); I just think that I agree about how admirable it is for her to open up considering how conservative the asian community can be (I would know firsthand, I'm from a Korean American family), and be open, be herself, and stand strong about it. GO CHARICE! :)

7. Elaine

Elaine Member

It shows her bravery and the strong character. She's really a celebrity.