Can we PM people?

Discussion in 'AE & Site-Related Specific' started by Skree, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Skree

Skree New Member

I know we used to be able to send private messages to people, but with the new system, I can't figure out how:(

Of course there may be a big shiny message button that I've simple overlooked, but I don't see it. And I feel kind of bad because I told someone they could message me whenever, but now it looks like we can't anymore??

2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Click on the envelope top right of the page and then click start a new conversation :)

3. Skree

Skree New Member

Ah. ok. See? I knew it would be painfully obvious. The conversation format threw me though:p I feel that this is a /facepalm moment

Edit: Now I don't feel so bad. lol. I only see the envelope when I'm in the forums. Is there any way for people who don't generally go to the forums (mostly just read articles/comments) to see it, or do they have to go through forums?

second Edit: I just tried to make a convo and it said the person could not be found even though I copy/pasted the name. Do they have to be on or something? I don't remember it being this much of a pain in the butt just to give someone my email without broadcasting it. lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Nancy likes this.
  4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Have you tried typing it in after a couple of letters it should give you the option of names to click on.

5. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

And if I'm not mistaken, it also gives you the option to invite more people into the conversation at whatever point.