Can a staight girl be more... Gay?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by karin000aoi, Jul 21, 2015.

1. karin000aoi

karin000aoi Member

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I think she talked about her past to establish some commonality and friendliness towards you. It would sound confusing to me too if I were in your shoes and it is someone I like. I think if she tells you she is straight now she is trying to say she is not interested in having a relationship with a woman.

I am looking at this as a person who is trying to find when the lady is saying, "no". While your heart's desire is to find where she says, "yes". The only way you get a chance with her is if your fool-hardiness matches with your heart's desire and you actually make a move to try to date her. You will probably get shot down but it is a chance. I see guys do this all the time and sometimes they make enough of a nuisance of themselves and they actually get the girl. I don't mean aggressive, unwanted tactics, just that they are not shy to show that they like the girl and try to demonstrate their admiration whenever they can.

Edit: if you do tell her you like her, let her know it is a newly developed thing so she doesn't feel weird about all your past interactions. I credit this to some past advice from Moses. You will be risking your friendship a bit but sometimes it is good to have it in the open when you are persuing while not persuing.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

Unless you act on it or at least try to explore the possibilities, you're pretty much on the friendzone from where I'm standing.

One of my closest friends is a hasbian and we met when she had figured out that she really was straight--- yes she still gets attracted to women but in terms of relationships, she prefers men. One of the things we still like doing is watching lesbian shows together. In a way I guess, I'm her designated Lesbian marathon buddy because she know I'd enjoy watching it as much as she does.

In my case, when someone tells me they're straight, I take it as okay, not gonna try and bend you. If I find myself getting attracted to the person and they start reciprocating and giving me signals; I try to talk to them directly about it, as in--- hey, I know you're supposedly into guys but I'm starting to like you more than a friend. I don't want to misinterpret your friendliness towards me so can you please let me know if I am?

Admittedly, it's not easy to do but it has its advantages. If she confirms that she's actually confused, don't know then that's a window worth climbing into. If she goes, I like you but not in that way, then you know where you stand and you can choose to simply be her friend (if that's something you're comfortable in being without your feelings getting in the way).

karin000aoi and greylin like this.
  4. karin000aoi

karin000aoi Member

Thanks a lot for the advice, guys!

5. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Guess what? Straight people watch shows like OITNB because if they didn't there'd be no market for them. Don't judge whether someone is gay on their viewing habits. Gay people watch shows about straight people all the time. It doesn't make us straight.

toastedpie and Bluenote like this.
  6. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Unless she says "I like you in more than a friend way"..or does anything remotely considered in the liking range of things that normal friends don't do (i.e. she randomly just happens to fall and plants a kiss on you), put your wishful thinking aside and take the friendship for what it is...a friendship.

Conversely, I watch shows about straight people all the time...and guess what? I ain't straight.

rac likes this.
  7. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Haha Greylin. Tis true tho. Half truths sometimes work better than full truths when testing the waters. Lightness and subtle is key when dealing with long term crushes on girls. You are totally right about the boys tho. Sometimes persistence and not being afraid to show you like someone gradually gets under their skin, without pressure, sulks (if it's not paying off straight away) or expectation obviously. Also being able to hear an honest NO from the object of your desire is important too tho. It's a fecking mindfield girls. There are three options: 1. Tiptoe through it while changing direction as you go if you hit a wall, stand still if you don't know what's what for a bit and the odd time just close your eyes and run towards your goal, praying like feck that you won't get your heart wrecked. Good luck with that 'n all.

greylin and Nancy like this.
  8. pikatan2

pikatan2 Well-Known Member

tbh till this day I still can not grasp the idea of a lesbian or bisexual who suddenly can "turn" straight or someone "turns" them straight... maybe I'm not well educated in this matter but till this day on my own stand point and from my personal point of view, once you truely found yourself and discover your sexuality, you can not really change or "turn" your sexuality like its a clothes.... those I'm only gay for you thing too.. that does not make any sense to me... but then again I'm speaking from my point of view soooo yeah

from my opinion if she has "turn" straight.. you should probably let this one go and continue being friend... do not persue a straight girl. Playing around with straight girl doesn't always turn out as well as some of us wanted it to be.. unless if this relationship develop into purely a psychical relationship :D xx