Can a late bloomer still meet women?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Ronnie123, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Ronnie123

Ronnie123 Member

I’ve been struggling to come to terms with who I am my entire life. Instead of figure my sexuality and I focus mainly on my career and family. I finally came out 3 years ago and I’m 51 now. That was a very liberating moment for me and then the anxiety set in. How do I connect with other lesbians or getting support? I had never been in a relationship or with anyone. Is it too late to meet women for a late boomer? It took a while just to signup in this community and my first posting! Looking forward to any bits of advice or good conversations.

2. Writer23

Writer23 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on coming out and self-acceptance! Of course, it is not too late for the late bloomers. Put yourself out there. If you are not into bars, you can start by making a profile on some dating site. However, exercise extreme caution with meeting up with people. Take it easy and feel things out. Just chat to start. Also, my big two cents worth of advice is that if you meet a woman in the straight realm (A setting or situation that is not designated LGBTQ. For example, a library or grocery store.), make sure you know if she is interested in women before you ask her out or say something that demonstrates your interest. Good luck on your journey.

Ronnie123, Spygirl and Anak Taeng like this.
  3. Ronnie123

Ronnie123 Member

Hey Writer23, it’s amazing to receive a response to my first post! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I don’t have any lesbian friends to get support or advice so there is time I just felt extremely lonely and lost. The feeling like taking one step forward, two steps back. Then led to my self-doubt about my coming out decision. Ugh, I know this journey is not easy since I have not yet come out to my family.

I will try to put myself out there even though I may feel awkward. There are so many online sites and how do you know if you can trust those profiles or not? I really appreciate it and THANK YOU for your advice again! Here's my virtual hug

4. Maartje

Maartje New Member

Hello; first and for all congrats on your coming-out!
    By making yourself known to the world you can meet more likeminded people... Do you know any LGBTQ+ organisations near where you live? For me that was the easiest way to meet people :) Although Corona can make the search temporary a bit more difficult :p Don't give up, do your research an maybe you can already find online contact? :D

5. Ronnie123

Ronnie123 Member

Hey Maartje,

Thanks for your encouragement. :p
    I did search for the local center but the pandemic has made it more difficult. Talk about timing and all these uncertainties around us. :oops:

I also started the online app with the last advice. But now I’m learning how to deal with the negative aspects of it which are rejection and be ignore. I know this is part of the process and finding my true self. And nothing is easy and that's why having these encouragements and conversations from this site help!

I guess I should start another post.
    I hope to chat with you sometime. :)