Call the Midwife

Discussion in 'All OTHER shows with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by Nancy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

I have just watched tonight's episode so if you haven't watched it be aware that Iam going to have a rant that will contain spoilers.

What is it with the BBC? Are lesbians just put on programmes just to be hot with cars! It all looked set for Patsy and Delia to move in together. Till Delia gets hit by a car and gets amnesia. Yes I'm thankful she's not dead but flipping heckler, bad enough for them to be closeted as it's the 50s but let's just make things really miserable by being knocked off a bike.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. LumberButch

LumberButch Member

I was thinking the same thing. Why must every lesbian relationship be destroyed. As soon as Delia got on the bike, I knew it was over.

I did appreciate the juxtaposition of the support Trixie gets and Fred gets vs. the support for Patsy. Of course, I don't think anyone knew or suspected the Patsy/Delia relationship. Still...

The Thalidomide story was sad, also.

3. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

It was a brutal episode. Couldn't help but think the looks Patsy got some "sympathtic" looks from the other nurses and nuns after she rang the hospital.

4. paddy macrie

paddy macrie New Member

There does seem to be a high correlation between lesbian happiness and road based tragedy in the minds of program makers.
    Call the midwife reminded us through this story line and the episode where a young man was found cottaging, just how secret and shameful our existence was not so many years ago, but it seems that we must always pay highly for any normality.
    I shall be enrolling on a road safety course as soon as poss.

Nancy likes this.
  5. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015