But She's My Manager....(update)

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by HaileyHale, Jul 11, 2013.

1. HaileyHale

HaileyHale Member

Before the new site design I had a topic entitled "But She's My Manager..."
    I know a few people kept up with posts and gave me some great advice.
    Well, I got some good news and wanted to share with you all who were keeping up with it and wanted to know :)

2. bulletsmoke.20

Finally!!! an update!! so what's the good news girl??

thought you wouldnt update anymore.. been waiting for you to post girl :)

3. HaileyHale

HaileyHale Member

Well, Monday CL called me up an asked me to join him in our weekly spot where some of our co-workers hangout for drinks.
    I get there and it's 2 of the regular guys which are managers of a different department and then there is my Manager's (B) cousin (who also works there) and another lady who works there who is really close friends with my manager and her cousin.
    So when I walk in..I'm shocked to see them yet I get a little nervous because I know everywhere they go B goes. However, she wasn't there. But as more ppl came from work...me, CL, and my manager cousin and their friend moved to a different table and for the most part we were talking about B. I was sitting there grinning because they were making up all these jokes about her and what she does at work that I never knew about.
    Everyone is drunk by this point...
    So then my manager's cousin makes a random comment about a "cooch" and CL eyes got big and he says "oh did I hear that right? are you talking about cooch...mmmh so ur a lesbian?" and she looks at him and says "no you are hearing things".
    Then CL said "mmmhmm I thought you was like your cousin, I swear she's 'dyking'. I know she with the get down...I know she is our my manager, and that's your cousin, and your friend and all but I out of all ppl should know... my gaydar is beeping and honey let me tell you i know, let her get with the right girl...I bet she will go. I can see it all over her"
    Then her really good friend that works with us said "actually yea i think so too"
    Then her cousin who doesn't sugar coat anything and keeps everything 100% an is pretty much my manager's best friend was like" haha yeah I believe that...actually I think she has been with a female before"

I was just sitting there looking and then CL looks at me and smile and I look down and my manager's cousin looks at me an smile an says "soooooo what are yall doing Friday?? we are going out." She said CL is going to be her date and I am going to be B's date and told us not to say anything or bring anyone else.

Then yesterday when I was at work a couple of Managers were joking with me and asking why I wasn't working an I said "I am working just doing something for my Manager" and then said "well, what time do you get off? 7?"
    I said: No...I get off at 5 and they said wait what why are u leaving 2 hours early?
    They said I am about to ooooo I am about to call B (just teasing me) and I laughed and said call her she is the one who changed it...
    They then said: "oooooooo I see I see! What u and B got going on tonight? uhh huh yea yea I know"
    I walked off like WHAT how do these guy know the deal? Crazay

But I'm ready for our first night out Friday. It should get interesting. Her cousin said we are going to have a lot of fun and B is going to get drunk more than likely so she told me to be prepared. I dont know if she knows I like her cousin or not but w/e happens I hope it doesn't get back to work for their sake.

4. Bi-Lingual

Bi-Lingual Member

Updates please! :p

5. HaileyHale

HaileyHale Member

Well, its been quite a few months since I've given an update.
    I randomly just thought about it because of what happened today...so I guess I will fast-forward you all to now.

So a few months ago, I got a promotion and now I work directly under B (my manager), which is nice because we have more intimate talks about the job and other things as well.

Well, it has been a very slow drawn out process....
    For awhile it was like a see-saw and I didn't know what was going on...now I get the picture but it still need to be hung and put in its place.
    I still can't figure it out but we have progress.
    In the meantime, she's given me a couple of cute nicknames. There's one in particular I just love and she seems to use it a lot.
    I call her "princess" and she just blushes and find it so funny when I call her that, yet she really likes it.
    It's been cold on and off here and the days we have to conduct our work outside for a short period of time she always want to put her cold hand on my face or when we are inside she will grab my hand and interlock it with hers...she says I keep her warm because I don't get as cold as she does that fast. So, one week I decided I would something like that to her and see how she would react. Well, we had just walked from outside into the building and she claimed she was freezing and I offered her my gloves because she said she didn't have any...well she jokingly tried to plant her cold hands on my face and before she got to my face I grabbed her hand she just rubbed it as we were walking and she said nothing...just kept walking...i finally let her hand go and she looked at me and smiled and chuckled a bit.
    But then again....I feel like if I try something she will get defensive.
    I only say this because....well, a lot of times she talks to me she will put her hand on my arm, leg, boob, back, hand...or whatever and she will just keep it there. Well, the other day, I was sort of upset with her...in which she always can tell and I made a mistake and bumped into her and I said "oh, i'm sorry, excuse me"....she brushed up against me and she grabbed my side, smiled and said "oh you cant be bumping up into me like that" and I was still mad at her from earlier and did not feel like playing so said "oh..i said i was sorry"...she said "ughhh im just playing"....she did looked at my nails and commented on how cute and long they were...so as she was standing up against the wall ...I brought my hand closer to her face and she looked so frightened...the look on her face was like ""OH NO OMG OH NO!" She then proceeded to say "no, i need my job...and then she mumbled something and said you dont know what i would do"
    Everytime, I tell her to come here and come closer or if I reach out towards her she always acts sooooo apprehensive and it drives me insane. I told her she doesnt have to be so apprehensive and she said she didnt know she was and that she will work on it.
    She says "I'm crazy" hahaha I dont really know what she means by that but everytime she says it she laughs and maybe thats why she is so apprehensive.

But lately at work some crap has been going on and I have been keeping my distance and she has begun to attempt to act like my boss especially in front of her two bosses...cause she has recently gotten written up but thats a WHOLE different story.

so...today we were off today and we met at work with 2 other girls.. one being her cousin and one being this lady who works close to her cousin's department. we all get in the car and me and B are in the back. As soon as I get in, I try to act appropriate and she speaks and she says "oh hell no you can quit with this shit, you better talk and act normal, we are not at work" so I laugh and just sit there....she looks at me and just start starring and I try everything in my power to ignore her....she starts asking me all these weird questions and her cousin in the front seat just starts laughing and asked why are you asking her that...and she said because she wanted to get to know me better. I told her it was going to be a long time and she said she didnt have that much time....so i asked her what she wanted to know and she starting smiling and said we will have to finish this in private...we get to where we are going and we stop for dessert and I am on my phone...she gets upset and tells me to put my phone down and that whatever im doing on my phone is not more important than spending time with them and I'm sitting there looking crazy cause she was on her phone as well and actually I did get a emergency msg...I tell them I had to take a phone call and walk outside and she said "oh hmmm you're excused" I come back and her cousin yells whats the news are you pregnant???
    I said I might be.... the other lady said OMG forreall?
    B and her cousin yells "hell no" not her! the other girl with us was like well she said it with a straight face...i thought it was true. then B says no no no, that just cant be...so tell me what really happened out there on that phone? and I didn't tell her and began to ask what did she mean when she said that...well when get back in the car and got down the road she asked me...so do you really want to have children and if so what age? I told her and she said sooo does that mean you have someone...I said no of course not but that someone is near.
    she asked me what do I mean by that and I asked her so are you getting married anytime soon and she gave me this "wtf" look and she kinda got choked and said ""ummm no" so I asked her why not and she said she dont want too and I well like i said that someone is near. she then laughed really hard and just looked out the window and started to look on her phone again.
    I didnt say another word....it was quiet in the car....for a while....
    she then turn toward me and just looked at me and i glanced at her and glanced and then I just looked at her and she moved in closer and just smiled...and then she winked..by this time we were almost back at work about to get in our cars...
    I texted her when I got home and she said we will talk about it at work tomorrow...
    so I guess we shall see...
    and she says I'm crazy..
    well anyways that was a rough update...

6. Cricket

Cricket Well-Known Member

I am in a management position and none of this would fly with my company. I dunno what your policies are but it would be stupid of her to put her job at risk and selfish for you to entertain the idea.

7. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

I agree with Cricket. She obviously likes you but office politics, the law, etc would probably prevent her from making a move. Plus the pressure would be on if she was written up recently.

In fact, I'm meeting a business friend for lunch. I already warned him not to mix his pens in the office ink. I'm not sure if you are familiar with that saying, but basically it means that you shouldn't date within the work pool - whether they work in your office, are a key partner, supplier, or a customer. I said to him that he could be sued for sexual harassment. But of course, being him, he could not resist. He made a move on his work experience girl and it backfired, so he asked me to meet him for lunch to tell him off because now it's become a nightmare.

8. Everkd

Everkd Member

Dangerous game, with boob and side touches and all. I hope all goes well

9. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

True about company romance... but the thing is, especially in the OLD days - you tend to date people you meet. You spend 1/3 of your life at work.

If her job is in danger because of this, someone may have to leave or both of you move on. The problem are: Maybe you had sex with her to get promotions? Maybe she made YOU do it... etc etc. It can get messy.

This romance "game" has been going on for 6 months with little going on. So why not move on... go to a club and find someone else to date that has nothing to do with work. Or offer her to go to such a club to meet other women?