Buddhism

Discussion in 'Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Sports' started by rawr_balrog, Apr 12, 2016.

1. rawr_balrog

rawr_balrog Member

Sorry to put this in the "hobbies" section, but I wasn't sure where else!

I'm curious if there are any members here who practice or study Buddhism, and if so, if you'd be willing to share any of your experience with it. I enjoy reading about it and learning about the related philosophy, but I've never actively practiced, partially because I live in the 'burbs in a heavily Catholic area and there are few resources, and partially because I have a complicated relationship with organized religion.

Anyway, if there is anyone here who does practice, I'm curious about what school you chose and why, and how you carry it in your everyday life, if that makes any sense.

If I happen to be shouting into the void with this topic... hello, void!

2. artangel37

artangel37 Member

I've recently read a really good book called "Buddhist Boot Camp" by the author Timber Hawkeye. It was my introduction to Buddhist philosophies. Its a pretty short read but it does a good job of explaining some Buddhist concepts without any of the dogma. Its meant for people like me who aren't Buddhist but want to implement some of the teachings into their life. Sorry I couldn't answer any of your questions but just thought I'd recommend this book :)