Braces and Dating, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by LiveInTheMoment, Dec 15, 2014.

1. LiveInTheMoment

So I'm almost done with my treatment, about 1 month away. I'm prettay excited about it. Sorry I just have to share my excitement at this point. Anyways, from my experience, a lot of women find braces unattractive, and walk away from someone, who has braces. Let be clear, I get the point of personality over physical appearance. I get that. I'm just saying, in general, females are just not into someone with braces. Is it me? or this is really going on lol

Ohhh my teeth were messed up back in the day lol

JayTee likes this.
  2. Terminatrix

Terminatrix New Member

1) Congrats on making it through the whole braces ordeal! :D
    2) So many people have had braces at some point so it would be strange that they'd see them as a turn off, but on the other hand women tend to be shallow so there's that too.
    3) Maybe you misinterpreted the lack of interest, did anyone ever outrightly say or do anything to make you think that it was specifically braces that they weren't attracted to?

Dealing with permanent retainers right now...I think I preferred the braces lol.

3. LiveInTheMoment

Noone really ever outrightly said anything to make me think that, to them, braces was a turnoff lol. However, I have an account on a dating website. When I mention that I have braces, noone really wants to message me haha. But when I remove that content, just to test it out, not intentionally being dishonest, I have a lot of people sending me messages. But I never reply back to them. I just think that it's lame lol ... I am not mad at them or take it way too serious haha but I just think it's lame and ignore all of them. It's just funny to think about, you know what I mean lol

4. pikatan2

pikatan2 Well-Known Member

to be honest I've never really dated someone with braces but I wouldnt really mind as long as they keep it clean, I mean it would be really funny if my date has something stuck between her/his teeth

5. LiveInTheMoment

I agreed. And also, if someone can't even take care of her teeth, I don't think she is able to take care of herself lol that's gross lol

6. Pretty Wingz

Pretty Wingz Member

Quite honestly, I happen to think braces are endearing. ;):p

7. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

I've never dated anyone with braces, but I would have to wonder if kissing someone who wears braces might be painful. Those suckers can hurt.

8. jinxie

jinxie Member

I wear braces. Ive been told it makes me look waay yonger but not unattractive. Kissing is pretty much the same just cant get too aggressive :(;)