Boyfriend wants to plan a cruise for the summer

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Outgirl, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Outgirl

Outgirl New Member

Hi,

I was asked by my boyfriend to go with him for a river cruise in the Great Lakes coming summer. He wants to book the tickets if I am free. I don't know what to say. It is a 16-day program. https://www.blountsmallshipadventures.com/2017-great-american-waterways/default.aspx This page he sent me about the cruise looks stunning.

Part of me wants to go with him. I trust him. We are in a relationship for 6 years. He has supported me in my transition. But, I have been a joke for the others whenever we had a vacation in unknown places. I get a lot of stares and I hate that. This is abstaining me from going for trips.

I don't want to disappoint him either. What should I do here? I want to go, but I am scared. Please help me to gain some confidence.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I think your fears are reasonable. The Midwest / Great Lakes area is not an easy place to be LGBT.

I think that you should talk to your bf and explain your concerns. Hopefully, he understands why you are hesitant. Perhaps you both could then come up with a different idea for vacation, one that you would feel more comfortable doing.

Good luck.

3. Outgirl

Outgirl New Member

Thanks, Blue Note. I don't want to step into anywhere they hate the LGBT community.