bicurious and in need of advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by yellowdoor, Apr 8, 2015.

1. yellowdoor

yellowdoor New Member

For as long as i can remember ive been interested in both men and women. I've always kind of assumed i would end up with a man, but have always been very attracted to women as well. My first kisses were girls.
    I've always wanted to experiment with women. But somehow, I've ended up dating guys. I was engaged for a bit, but a lot of the time I was agonizing about not having experimented first. So we broke up.
    Currently, I've been dating a really wonderful guy for 3.5 years and we have a pretty great relationship, for the most part.
    But lately, I just keep thinking about being with a woman. I feel so bad because he's a great guy. But I wonder what I'm missing.
    I don't want to break his heart.
    but I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation. Where they are intensely bicurious, but are in a loving relationship With a man?
    He knows I like women and that I've flirted and fooled around with them. But I've never had sex with them and I know it would be great.

Is that terrible?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

No, it's not terrible. If you aren't ready to settle down, then you aren't ready to settle down. You can't force yourself to feel or not feel a certain way. You can only be honest about how you do feel.

You wouldn't do this guy any favors to be monogamous with him, but secretly want women. If you feel like you need to sleep with some women before you settle down, you need to be upfront about that.

'I always wind up dating guys' is kind of a cop out. If you want to date a woman, then you make it happen. In the end, it's your life, not something that happens to you.

Spygirl and greylin like this.
  3. yellowdoor

yellowdoor New Member

Thank you. That's wonderfully honest. I'm definitely going to consider. I especially liked you saying that life is not something that just happens to me. I am not good at doing things that are for my own good, but will hurt someone else. But seriously, thank you for your reply.

greylin likes this.