Been single too long

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Phory Meas, May 19, 2015.

1. Phory Meas

Phory Meas New Member

I've been single for a few years now (no actions). It's been fun living the "single" life, but also it's been lonely. I have a hard time approaching to women and introducing myself or just to even make small talk. I'm not sure if I am afraid of rejection or maybe I am not ready to move forward into dating again. No clue. I've done the online dating thing but so far no one really interest me in a way I feel too weird for them to understand my sense of humor. I'm starting to lose hope for romance and just be a solo asexual. If the fairy queer mother can feel my loneliness. I don't have many friends either to introduce me to their friends and to their friends. I've lived and done things alone for quite sometime now. It would be nice to have companionship to go on adventures with.

2. sela9

sela9 Well-Known Member

Well, I do think theres plenty of people out there to meet, so you shouldn't settle with becoming "asexual" and "solo". Perhaps change your standards. If you look for a particular type, switch it up and be open to whomever. And, with that attitude you wont find anyone! If you are worried your sense of humor scares people away then maybe tone it down a bit until you get to know someone. Then after she appreciates you and your quirks start to let loose more.

It sounds like you aren't ready for a relationship or are afraid of dating. Instead of approaching girls in hopes to date why not start slow and go to bars and just try to make friends with people. Expand your friend circle so you become more confident and also can meet people to date through new friends.

Narley and Bluenote like this.
  3. Avatar Korra

and if they reject you what? are you going to cry, are their standards going to lower your confidence?
    woman up, woman
    they are not some creatures who traveled through celestial seas. they are humans just like you
    imagine yourself rejecting someone who you don't find attractive. you will simply say no and move on in the next second, just like everyone else does. nothing special will happen

4. Deebo

Deebo New Member

Story of my life. I have been single for 10 years. I have no trouble asking girls out, I just have problems finding one that interest me. Also within those 10 years I have been turn down five times it sucks and hurts and may seem impossible, but I usually do a good job into tricking myself "maybe this time."

So in other words, don't down yourself because it hasn't happen and say yes to things that might make you uncomfortable sometimes, it might lead you somewhere.

5. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Don't change your standards? You'll just end up being unhappy, bored and miserable while dating. Hang in there, you'll meet someone who's right for you eventually.

RagsOBrien likes this.
  6. mavislove_17

mavislove_17 Member

I know how you feel, I am in that boat too but you need to change how you look at it. I look at like this- I have standards and I haven't met the girl how matches those yet. Just continue to meet new people and you will find her.