Back On Solid Ground

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by cheekybastard, Sep 9, 2014.

1. cheekybastard

cheekybastard Active Member

Hi guys, this story is kind of fiction, and also kind of non-fiction.
    Anyways, it's all up to you guys to decide, I just want to tell this story.
    Forgive me if my English starts to fail miraculously, it's not my native language.

Hope you enjoy it.

x x x E.

Back on solid ground

This is a story about me.
    Who am I? I am your everyday silly, foul-mouthed, kind of bizarre twenty five year old girl.
    I live in Ghent, a city in the oh-so rainy country in the heart of Europe: Belgium.

This particular story begins at age 15.
    The age of my first kiss with a girl. (And I’m saying girl, because I had already kissed three guys by that time).

It was a cold November night. It was Daniel’s birthday, so he fixed this place where we could all party and crash for the night. We were all super psyched, it was probably one of the big events of the year, considering we were all but fifteen years of age, and well, those kinds of parties didn’t happen every weekend.
    My ex would be there too, the guy who’s heart I crushed two months earlier. Max was one year older than me, and pretty handsome at that. A bit shy and well, kind of boring honestly. But sweet, very sweet – and also head over heels in love with me. Or at least he used to be. And so, as it was the logical thing for me to do, I finally had accepted his affection and we had a short relationship.
    It only lasted three months, and the whole third month was just me trying to figure out how to break it off without hurting his feelings too much.
    But I did it. And boy, I was starting to get reeeeally good at it (it was the third heart I had broken in less than two years time).
    Oh, childish romances.

Anyway, the party.
    It started off as any typical youngsters bday-party. Bad popmusic and lots of booze.
    Lots of drunken kids, lots of dancing. A lot of kissing.
    And there it was: the brilliant suggestion of playing ‘spin the bottle’.
    And so we agreed (or at least those who weren’t vomiting, sleeping or drooling over someone else yet).
    We had just sat down and the bottle immediately pointed at me. And at Marie.
    A very funny and outgoing girl, who everyone seemed to like and envy.
    Without even blinking, she turned to me and kissed me. Not just a peck on the mouth, no, full-on Frenching.

Wohoooaaah.
    Was this the alcohol? Is this my belly trying to warn me that my body doesn’t seem to like all these fluids? Or what is it that I am feeling?
    All I remember is that I suddenly felt really enthousiastic.
    Until I heard Ruben grunt right next to us “oh yeah girls, can I join?”
    Horny bastard. Like you could ever get one of us.

But that was it. Simple. Innocent. Nothing special to the outside world.
    But for me? One big-ass wake-up call.

Wait. I liked that abnormally much, didn’t I?
    Whoah.

I kept my first real gay butterflies for myself, and just pushed them to the back of my mind.
    Time to get my horny teenage-self back on the tracks.
    A few monthes later, my best friend told me that Arthur, a really goodlooking guy from our school apparently had a crush on me.
    “Everyone knows it! Jeeeeez Ellie, are you fucking oblivious or what?”
    And so, as it was the logical thing to do, I developed feelings for him too.
    Or kinda.
    Well, he did look really good, objectively speaking.
    And he was funny! So it wasn’t hard to pretend to like him. I actually believed myself.
    And so, it wasn’t long before we officially started dating.
    And we went steady for quite some time.
    For once, I didn’t get extremely bored by my boyfriend! Finally! See? I’m not gay.
    Just really picky, that’s all.

Yeah right.
    Then summer came.

Nancy and Moses like this.
  2. cheekybastard

School was out, everybody was extatic, the weather was great,...
    And me and Arthur were still going steady. We were like the kind of goofy couple that jokingly insulted each other and acted like total pigs when we were together. We laughed at all the stupid typical clingy teenage couples.
    I actually reaaaaally liked this guy. He was smart, witty, handsome,... I couldn't find a reason not to like him.

My best (girl)friends and I had planned a vacation to Spain that summer, to go surfing for two weeks in Berria.
    Six sixteen-year-olds and two seventeen-year-olds on their first real trip without parents...
    It was our personal heaven. We had some really hot older 'monitors' who taught us how to surf and everything, and we got drunk practically every night and surfed all day long. We had a B L A S T.
    I didn't really miss Arthur, or, not at all, in comparison to Amber, who was constantly texting her boyfriend.
    Why would I miss him? I was having an amazing time and I'd see him again in less than two weeks, right?

One week went by, and some new folks arrived at the campingsite.
    Five of them turned out to be really awesome people. Two guys and three girls, all of the age of eightteen, and from a Town 40km from our city.
    I didn't think much of them the first day, except that they did seem like really nice people.
    We met, ate lunch together on the beach, talked, laughed, shared stories,...

That night, we were all going to go climb the 'hill' and watch the stars (accompanied by a lot of booze).
    One of my friends got really drunk within the hour and vomited all over herself (not a pretty sight).
    Two of our friends and one of the new guys went back with her to the campsite to make sure she was fine.
    Meanwhile, I was having some witty smalltalk with one of the new girls.
    "May I join you guys? Sorry, I don't think I've properly introduced myself. I'm Ibbie. Short for Isobel."
    And she took my hand into hers, glared into my eyes and gave a simple peck on the back of my hand.

I just stared back at her. Stunning. So stunning. Those eyes...
    Dark brown, her skin also naturally quite darkened by the sun, brown messy hair with some blonde locks, a goofy nose and the cutest dimples in her cheeks.
    It took one look at her for me to be completely sold.

"Uhm" I laughed nervously. "I'm Ellie, nice to greet y- nice to meet you."

I was all tensed up for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Nancy and Moses like this.
  3. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

ooh, I like it. Keep 'em coming please.

cheekybastard likes this.
  4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

I second that

5. cheekybastard

Ibbie easily blended into the conversation, and even though I felt so tensed, I did feel at ease as well.
    You know, as in, she was very easy to talk to. We kept on talking for what felt like hours.
    I didn't even notice when the other girl left. Probably because I couldn't avert my eyes from hers.
    She talked with such enthousiasm and when I was talking, she made me feel like I was probably the most interesting person on the planet, by far.

Soon, all the others had left and it was just us two on the hill. We had ran out of booze, but we didn't care.
    It was a beautiful night, with loads of stars. But in all honesty, I barely noticed the pretty view, 'cause I had something way more interesting to look at.

At a certain point, we both stopped talking, and just kept on glaring in each other's eyes. I felt so drawn to her for some reason.
    That's when I suddenly felt crazy nervous again. I didn't know where these nerves came from, I just looked away quickly. "I'm getting really tired, we should go. The others have left anyway."
    She just smiled and nodded. "Sure. Can you get there by yourself? I feel like enjoying the view for a few more minutes. See you tomorrow?"
    "Sure thing."
    And before I could move a limb, she took my hand and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
    Though it was something so simple and silly, I felt completely paralyzed for a second.

When I was walking back to our tent, I kinda started freaking out in my head.
    What the F was that all about? I mean - I liked it. Obviously. But at the same time...
    I don't know. What about Arthur?
    Whoah. What about him? He's my boyfriend. I wasn't cheating on him or anything. Was I? No, of course not.
    This was just a nice girl. A girl for god's sake. Relax already.

I crawled into my sleeping bag and quickly fell asleep.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Nancy likes this.
  6. cheekybastard

"Ellieeeeeee, Ellie Ellie Ellie Ellie wake uuuup!" Gill cheered in my ears.
    "Hmpf... What time is it?" I answered grumpily.
    "Dunno. But I'm bored, everyone in the other tent is still sleeping and the one weird neighbour guy is eating breakfast outside his tent so I don't want to go outside. Talk to me."
    "Seriously? That's why you woke me up?"
    "Duh. Plus I barely saw you yesterday night. I only remember you were talking to those new girls and then when we came back you still weren't here soooooo I reckon you must have some funny drunk stories to tell."
    "Honestly, I don't. I just stayed up all night talking to Ibbie, one of those new girls."
    "All night? My god, you're not going to replace me are you? I claimed the best friend spot already."
    "Jeeez Gill, hahaha, calm yo tits. She's fun and witty and we just had a good time. That's all."
    Gill stared at me for a bit too long, and her wondering expression changed into a grin.
    "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
    "I just... No nevermind. So you two had a good time on that hill together? And did nothing else?"
    "Uhhh yes. What else would we have done?" I started blushing.
    "I don't know, it's not like we always talk for that long when we are under the influence. We always start acting like complete 5-year olds."

Of course that's what she meant by it. Get a hold of yourself, brain.
    Me and Gill always had the weirdest moments together, like, we would steal a wheelbarrow and ride it along the boardwalk whilst singing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' from the top of our lungs, randomly start horrible 'white-girl' dancebattles in a way too fancy nightclub, or go to a simple coffeebar randomly dressed as Salvador Dali and Frida Kahlo.

"No we just talked. No impulsive random weirdness, people don't have to get to know my fucked up side from day one"
    "Since when are you so keen to make a good first impression?" Gill replied.
    "Since when are you so curious about something so ordinary?"
    "Okay okay. But now I do have to meet her. See if she's truly that awesome."
    "I never said she was awesome..."
    "Nope, but she must be, if she can keep your attention for that long. Even I can't do that by just talking."
    "Well then. Guess you'll meet her today. Anyway, why don't you go check if mister weird neighbour is still creepily eating breakfast. And if not, fetch me some sandwiches woman."
    Gill stuck her head out of the tent and saw that the coast was clear. "You're in luck. Breakfast is on it's waaaay"
    And with that, she left our tent.

I started remembering all that happened the night before, and caught myself smiling from ear to ear.
    Okay. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.
    I suddenly felt like I should keep myself from daydreaming as much as possible, 'cause this is not good, I decided.
    I didn't even know why, but it made me feel a bit guilty, all that thinking about Ibbie...
    So I jumped out of my sleeping bag and went to find Gill.

Moses and Nancy like this.
  7. cheekybastard

The not-thinking-about-Ibbie-part turned out to be harder than I initially thought, but I had decided to talk as little as possible about the previous night. Which worked out great, because the waves were perfect that day (and so was the weather) so I just spent practically all day in the water.

At around 5pm, I was one of the only ones of our group that was still in the water. There weren't many good waves left, but the sun was still shining beautifully, already a bit lower in the sky.
    I was laying on my back on my board for a minute, simply enjoying the silence and the view.
    When out of nowhere, right behind me, I heard a voice speak. (Yes, you can guess whose wonderful voice that was...)

"Ellie! So this is where you've been hanging out all day long. I've spent all day hoping to bump in to you 'by accident', but that plan didn't work out. So I finally went to ask your friends where you were." Ibbie said.
    I looked behind me, and saw her sit on her own board, with her hair tied in a messy high ponytail and a simple bikini and a loose t-shirt that sticked to her body. Her close to perfect body.
    "Uhh well yes here I am" I answered with a goofy smile.
    "I'm sorry, am I interrupting your alonetime?" she said.
    "No, no. Of course not. Feel free to join, I was just enjoying the beautiful view. It's not exactly something you can see in Belgium."
    She just smiled at me and kept on staring into my eyes. I eventually broke the eyecontact and started looking at the silent sky again.

About ten minutes of silence had passed, until suddenly I felt my board move and fell into the water.
    Oh no she didn't.
    As quickly as I fell into the water, I pulled Ibbie off of her board and pushed her under.
    "You want war? You've got it!"
    we kept on playing in the water and laughing like total goofs.
    At a certain moment she wrapped her arms and legs around me and just went "I'm not letting you go. That's it. You're my prisoner."
    Although I actually literally couldn't move, I swear I was paralyzed in that moment.
    Our faces only inches apart. Her goofy smile. Those brown marbles staring into mine.
    And something in my belly one could almost mistake for butterflies.

oh crap

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  8. cheekybastard

Before I had time to react or freak out, Ibbie let go of me.
    "Mission accomplished. I won." She said.
    And she started peddling back to the shore. I followed her, replaying all that just happened in slow motion in my head.
    When we reached the beach and I looked for my friends, I noticed that Ibbie's friends and ours were sitting together. I didn't know if I liked the prospect of having Ibbie around me and my friends. I mean - of course I liked it. But at the same time I was scared of how I would behave. People were going to notice this palpable vibe between us, I was sure.

"There you two are! Finally noticed that there are no descent waves left?" One of my friends said.
    "Ha ha. You know I love being in the water more than tanning on the beach." I replied with a sassy voice.
    Ibbie threw her arm around me and said with her beautiful husky voice "we were too busy banding to notice. Isn't that right darling?"
    That's it. They were definitely going to notice.

That night, we all planned to go to this small yet popular club. I was suddenly way more self-conscious about what I was going to wear. I grabbed my favourite tight jeans and a cool white and blue striped shirt. It was a simple outfit, but I knew it suited me well.
    "All ready to go, hotpants?" Gill said whilst smacking my ass.
    "Yeah yeah. Gotta braid my hair first. Gimme a sec."
    Gill looked at me with this wondering look in her eyes. She looked like she was about to ask me something, but then decided against it.

We left and joined the rest of the group. Only Amber and Fran were still in their tent.
    "Come on you guys, hurry uuuuup we gotta move" Lisa said.
    After fifteen minutes we were finally ready to move. We headed to the heart of the town, where the nightlife was booming.
    We entered the club, ordered our drinks and started dancing. About an hour later, I noticed Jeff (one of Ibbie's friends) entering the club. He was tall, so you could see his head stick out of the crowd easily.
    He headed straight for the bar.
    I figured Ibbie must be somewhere around him.
    Let it be noted that I was already quite tipsy at that moment, and feeling particularly confident.
    When I reached the bar, I saw Ibbie ordering her drinks. "You look gorgeous" I said.
    Without turning around, she said "so do you, I assume".
    "Turn around, have a look for yourself" I said, close to her ear.
    She turned around slowly and took in the view. She didn't say anything, she just kept on staring at me.
    "So, is this good enough for you, milady?" I asked.
    "Dammit Ellie..." Was all she could say.
    I smiled, satisfied by the effect I seemed to have on her. The guilt I felt earlier about whatever I was feeling for her, was now replaced by more feelings of wanting.
    Ibbie downed her drink and took my hand. I guided her to the dancefloor, close to our friends but not too close.
    We started dancing together, and it wasn't long before we were almost grinding each other off the floor. The chemistry was too damn palpable, and it was hard not to just grab her and kiss her. We felt like we were in a daze, not noticing anything that happened around us.
    I felt Ibbie's hands around my waist and her breath in my neck, proceeded by a peck underneath my jawline.
    The butterflies had already taken over my whole being at that point.

All of a sudden Ibbie let go of me, looked at me and headed through the crowd for the exit. "Ibbie! Wait!"
    Where was she going? I followed her to the exit, and saw her go outside. "Ibbie!" She didn't look behind her, she just kept on walking. I saw her disappear behind a corner, and so I hurried after her.
    When I reached the corner, I felt her hand pulling me towards her. In a split second I was suddenly standing there, my face inches away from hers. I saw her eyes going from my eyes to my lips and back.
    I couldn't stand the tension any longer and so I closed the gap. I kissed her. I kissed her.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  9. ciba29

ciba29 Member

Hope there's more? I'm likin' it! And I find myself laughing throughout :)

10. cheekybastard

Thank you guys for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I'll post the next 'chapter' later today if I can :)
    x E

11. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Still reading :)

12. cheekybastard

It was like fireworks were exploding inside of me. I felt completely powerless, as if kissing her was the only physically possible thing to do. At first, the kiss was slow and tender, and Ibbie answered it with such softness I can't describe. But then the kissing became more eager, our pulses quickened. I had to gasp for air when her hands started roaming my body. Every simple touch sent shivers down my spine, and well, there was definitely a lot of touching going on.
    This girl really knew what to do. Arthur could learn a thing or two from her.
    Shit. Arthur.

I pulled myself away from her whilst murmuring something along the lines of 'sorry', turned around and walked away as quick as I could.
    "Ellie, wait!" But she made no effort to run after me.

I kept on going until I reached the camping. I crawled into my sleeping bag, my eyes all puffy, and fell asleep restlessly.

"What the fuck Ellie, we were worried sick!" Gill screamed.
    I opened my eyes. I had to adjust to the flashlight in my eyes.
    "That's one way to wake someone up" I responded grumpily.
    "I'm not joking around! We've been looking all over for you for the past hour! You could've said something when you decided to leave..."
    And then I remembered why I left. That realisation felt like someone just hit me in the face with a brick.
    "I - I'm sorry. Had a little too much to drink is all, I'm not sure what happened" I lied.
    For some reason, I couldn't tell Gill the truth. She was my best friend and cousin, we told each other everything. But now, I couldn't seem to form the right words to tell her, and so the best I could do was "you found me, yaaay. Now let me sleep."
    Gill sighed and went to go tell the others she found me.

That morning, I had the same brick-in-the-face-realisation as soon as I opened my eyes.
    What had I done? And more importantly, how come I liked it that much? What now? I had to find the courage to tell Gill, 'cause I wasn't going to be able to handle those four more days on my own.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    i4got2cry, Moses and Nancy like this.
  13. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Nice work. U are a good writer.

14. cheekybastard

I jumped out of bed while the others were still sleeping and got breakfast. One of the camp monitors told me the waves were going to be crazy that day.
    Yes. Now I've got a decent excuse to avoid talking for at least the next eight hours.

I put a few sandwiches next to Gill's still sleeping face, and put a note on them that said "I'm already in the water, waves are crazy x".
    I put on my bikini and a loose shirt and went to get my board.
    When I reached the beach, I saw huge waves and not many surfers.
    Exactly what I need right now.

The surfing really helped me clear my mind. I didn't have to bother myself with 'what should I do's' and 'what now's'.
    Just focus on the waves.

I lost track of time after a while, until I heard a voice speak.
    "You know, hiding out here isn't gonna solve anything." said - of course - Ibbie.
    "Well I find it really helps me clear my mind." I answered boldly, without looking at her.
    "Look, Ellie... I'm sorry about last night. I didn't know it would make you so uncomfortable..."
    I didn't know how to answer, so I just kept staring into the distance in silence.
    "I know you have a boyfriend, I just can't help it but I feel incredibly drawn to you. And I know it's not just me, there really is a spark between us. But look, if you don't want to deal with it, that's fine with me. I guess we can pretend nothing happened and you can stop stressing out. Or hiding from me and your own friends."

I looked down. I knew I couldn't look into her eyes, because all she said was right. I felt so extremely drawn to her, even hearing her husky voice gave me goosebumps. I knew I'd lose myself if I'd look into those brown orbs.
    Finally I managed to scramble some words together.
    "I know. I'm sorry... I just can't do this. I'm not, you know, gay. Or, well, I don't know. I just, I just can't..." I said with a trembling voice.
    "It's okay. I'm sorry for forcing whatever this was." Ibbie said and peddled back to the beach.

i4got2cry, Nancy and Moses like this.
  15. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Go on, give us extra helpings cause it's Christmas. Upload another? :rolleyes:

Nancy and cheekybastard like this.
  16. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

I agree, please remember that escapism is a must this time of year...if I'm going to sit in a room with a number of deaf relatives some gay fiction is required.

Moses likes this.
  17. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Heeheehee. Indeed.

18. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

I've already had part one (this is what divorce gets you)...hearing aids are great, except when they don't work.

19. cheekybastard

I didn't even notice the tears that seemed to be pouring out of nowhere on my face, I was so torn up. Jezus fucking christ, I had never felt this way before. Something was eating me up from the inside out. I peddled back to the beach, dumped my board next to Gills feet and before she could say anything, I turned around and yelled "sorry, going back for a quick swim!"

I ran into the water and just started swimming. After two minutes I stopped and turned around, glad to see the beach was pretty far away. But then I noticed Gill, swimming towards me.
    When she reached me, she took one look at me and went "Christ, Ellie, have you been crying? What the hell is going on? Could you please let me in on your solo dramasessions? No seriously, kinda worried here."
    I just looked down and back to her worried frown. "I - I don't know..."
    "Oh so that's just your new thing. Blatantly avoiding us and crying on your own?" Gill snapped.
    "No look, I'm sorry. Just tell me what's going on, you know I love you loads and nothing, nothing can change that." She then said with a reassuring smile. "Just tell me, so I can help you. Or laugh at you and then help you, depends on what exactly happened of course."
    I loved her stupid sarcasm. "You're a real twat sometimes, you know that?" I said to her.
    "I do. And yet you seem to put up with me, which I really appreciate. So please don't stop now, and just spill it come onnnnnn"

So I told her the whole story. And when I was done, she just went "Ahhhh."
    "Really Gill? That's all I get?"
    "You're in love, you twat, and you're to stubborn to realise it."
    "Oh yeah of course, because one can actually fall in love in about two days time" I replied sarcastically.
    "By the looks of it, yeah." Gill said.

I took a deep breath. "Look, I'm with Arthur. I like him. What we have is a good thing. I don't know what came over me. It's not like I'm into girls or anything."
    Gill started laughing. "Oh so that's it? You're scared because you might just prefer pussy? Come on, El, I never took you for the homophobic type. Besides, you just met this one girl. Sexuality and love is really complex, stop trying to break your head over it."
    "Jezus Gill, how come you act like an 8-year-old 95% of the time, whilst that brain of yours is probably one of the smartest ones I've come across?"
    Gill smiled and just hugged me. "Let's swim back and talk over there because my legs are getting tired and I wanna catch some colour."
    And with that, I followed Gill back to the beach.

When we reached the beach, and went to sit a bit further away from our friends, I finally broke the silence.
    "I cheated on Arthur. That's what's bugging me too. How come you haven't said anything about that?"
    "I know you feel guilty, and I don't want to rub it in your face. Besides, you're only human. Sure, you're in fault, but you were drunk, and honestly, Arthur is not going to give a shit if you tell him you kissed a girl."
    "Well, he should." I replied.
    "So, that means you do have feelings for Ibbie?"
    I didn't know how to answer that.
    "Look, El, you're my best friend. And my cousin for fuck's sake. We've known each other since birth. I love you, you love me. There are no conditions. Just wanted to point out that with whatever troubles you have, you can always come to me. Plus, I'd actually think it's kinda cool if you became this cool lesbo chick, you'd have all the bitches at your feet. And I wouldn't have to compete with you for guys."
    "There's my twat Gill again."

Nancy likes this.
  20. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the xmas update, much needed :)