Back in the game. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Lon, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Lon

Lon Member

Hello. I took a few years off to see if I could find my way and change who I was. Figured it all out that I am who I was born to be. I can't change that. I am NOT out with my family and probably will never be from the conversations we've had so they will never know UNLESS they come straight out and ask me. That does not mean I should not live my life because I read somewhere that God does not make mistakes. So getting back into the game is really hard because I don't want to play games and waste anymore time in my life and be older and older and older I don't want to be 70 years old dating if you understand what I mean. My friends tell me go to the gay bar but that's nit what I am looking for unless I take my date there to dance. I think the best way is to find lesbian events that will have the type of woman with the same interest and I think that's a good place to start for anyone. Sorry for the long conversation I think I'm going to like this site. Very therapeutic:) thank you

Narley, Bluenote and aussie_gabby like this.
  2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Own who you are with conviction. The best advice I can give to you is to live honestly with yourself...and the rest will flow from that. If you're looking to meet women..try online or try via different communities, i.e. interest-based. Make friends first and things will flow from there.

Oh, and welcome :)

Just Me, Bluenote and aussie_gabby like this.
  3. Lon

Lon Member

oh I totally agree for anything to work anything at all you have to be friends first. And if nothing progress from the friendship zone you at least made a good friend

oh thank you very much for your reply

Spygirl likes this.
  4. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Great advice Spygirl. And welcome to AE Lon. This site is full of great people!

Bluenote and Spygirl like this.
  5. Lon

Lon Member

Thanks I am see this :):)

Bluenote likes this.
  6. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

Welcome to AE! @Spygirl hit the nail on the head with her reply. I'm not sure whereas about in the world you are, but if your town has a pride event, I would recommend going there to meet some friends . If you're not comfortable in your town, try the next closest town. Also you don't have to go to dating sites, there's meetup.com, where people with similar interests (not necessarily all gay people unless specified) meet up in groups to do fun activities. Again, I'm not sure of your location, but most towns have a lgbt center which posts up and coming events/meetings...

Are you out to any of your friends? My friends were grate with getting me back "out" (I was in a relationship with a guy for 5 years, new friends assumed I was straight, old ones thought I would marry the guy, blah blah blah... So I had to come out again in my mid 20's.) My friends were so awesome with getting me back into the lgbt scene. They introduced me to their gay friends, took me to the gay bar, helped me navigate the dating sites... One even introduced me to my fiancee, friends are grate with this situation.

Congratulations on finding yourself and good luck!

Spygirl likes this.