Awkward situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Possum, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Possum

Possum Member

Hi AE folk,

I have an awkward situation, don't stop me I'm sure you've heard this one before.

It wasn't until recently that I started telling people that I'm gay - before I never said I was straight but I was very shy so it was more of an "I'd happily tell them if only they'd ask" situation. Now I want to be out out, but I'm neither a butch nor femme stereotype - I have the converse, the artsyness and the vegan thing but if anything I just scream ambiguous. To be honest I don't know many people where it would be this big reveal so I feel at the moment it's just really awkward to slip into conversation. I can hint as much as I like but that's just not quite enough. Still, I want to get out of this Catch 22 of not being properly out - any advice on how to bring it up? (Or being recognized!) I want to get in on the fun!

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

You could wear a rainbow shirt all the time or have a shirt that says DYKE with the swoosh sign. :D

3. littlenikki15

littlenikki15 Well-Known Member

I am in a similar situation. A bunch of my family and friends know now but I want girls to notice me and to get out there but I do not 'look gay' at all. T-shirts, jeans, usually a light jacket, long hair.... NO and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO gay girls pay any attention to me at all. I went to a gay dance club with friends and the only person who showed interest in me was a gay guy lol I can't find the answer either!