Anyone in the LA area?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by fleeting.musings, Aug 4, 2014.

1. fleeting.musings

Anyone in the LA area interested in talking and getting to know each other? I know this isn't a dating site, but it would be nice to meet new people, since all of my friends are straight. Just thought I'd open myself up to new experiences! I've heard people mention meetup.com, but I guess I'm just more comfortable talking online first. Also, have any of you had good experiences on okcupid? I'm on there but it seems like girls aren't actively looking for each other, but rather waiting to be messaged? I'm bi and it seems like a lot more guys not only message me, but look at my page in the first place. I'm stepping outside my comfort zone and I started messaging some girls, which is scary for me!

2. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

Hello! :)

I'm also looking to meet some gay women - on the same page as you! Not necessarily searching to date, but to make some new friends and widen my social circle (I'm recently out, not even fully, so I'm there with you on just having straight friends). Also just started an account on meetup.com and haven't utilized it yet. I'm located in Pasadena, so if you were still looking to meet up with someone and chat, I certainly wouldn't be opposed! Same goes to anyone else in the LA area ^_^

Edit:
    LOL (I just realized you posted in 2013... but still! Offer still stands for my end, though I'm sure by now you've met lots of nice people XD)

3. SkyShadows

SkyShadows New Member

Hey! I'm in LA area, busy with graduate school right now but definitely will be interested in meeting more people over summer. I'm also just recently out but only to myself and a very few amount of friends, would love to be friends. I'm in downtown.

4. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

Hello! Glad to see some other AE members in the LA area willing to make new friends :)
    What are you studying and where?

SkyShadows likes this.