Any advice for love or arrange marriage?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Ankita Jain, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Ankita Jain

Ankita Jain New Member

Hi

My parents has selected one boy for me. Everything is fine with him. But nobody knows after marriage things that could happen. So my question is it good to go with arrange marriage? or love marriage is the best way to know your partner well before?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why you are posting this on a forum for lgbtq women? I don't mind at all, the more the merrier, just wondering if you are doing this because you are questioning your sexuality as well.

Well, I hear, and it is not scientific, but I hear it is a crap shoot how well your marriage will go whether you do it by falling in love or by arranged marriage. Either way, I hope you have a choice in the matter and you can get out of it if it does not work for you. It is a big decision and it should be your decision. I have a friend who actually went with an arranged marriage in the grand ol US of A, I was astounded. At the point she did that she had gone with so many bad men that she decided to let her parents have a go at an arranged marriage. Well, that one didn't work out either because the guy and his whole family bamboozled her whole family. And also, her bad luck with men came from her big problems with mommy and daddy issues. She could not really trust them. So, yeah, a can of worms there on where you hailed from. The good thing was, it is the grand ol USA and she was in a state where she could get the whole deal annulled.

I do have a grand aunt who married really young and she really didn't know love or marriage at that age but she was somehow excited with the thought of leaving her parents for this guy. He checked all the boxes and lucky for her she fell in love after marriage and lucky for her he did too. But she was the one who picked the guy and did not leave her parents to it.

3. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

I suggest you folow your heart. I don't give a damn whether your religion requires arranged marriages. Those work for some people but you better search for your other half, so to speak.
    As for the sexuality doubting if you have even the slightest doubt, better not marry person at all.

4. Lauren_1989

Lauren_1989 Active Member

I think if you have to ask the question then you probably know the answer. Strangers on an Internet forum can't make you feel better about your situation, you know deep down whether you're happy about it or not. Follow your heart, at the end of the day you're the one that is going to live with him, commit yourself to him. Not your parents.

5. Ankita Jain

Ankita Jain New Member

Thanks for your reply. Really motivational. I will follow my heart and fight for it. Thanks once again

TheScandinavian likes this.
  6. lissa12

lissa12 New Member

hmmmmmm