Am I being too sensitive?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Becunsure, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Becunsure

Becunsure New Member

Okay.. so I've been in a relationship for the past 10 years. Two or so with my current partner. The two are complete opposites and some things I'm finding hard to deal with.

First, weed. Like smokes every day. I dont smoke but will occasionally join. I have an issue with how constant it is. I've asked to cut down because asking to change is like the devil to her
    She has told me countless times that she will try but this then ends in a fight the next day about why do you ask me to change who I am etc.

Secondly, putting my first. Is it too much to ask to put me first? She spends most of her time outside and I spend most of mine inside. I've asked her to join me and mostly she doesnt. I occasionally join her. She gets mad though because "it's what she does". She can't handle being told what to do so I'm constantly hiding my feelings.

I mean all I want is to feel special and for once to be put ahead of a tv show. It's not all doom and gloom but these things are hard to get past. Is this something I have to accept? Is this something I should accept? Or is this a lost cause

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I think you would like someone different in your couplehood. What you have now are 2 people who like doing some things together. If she gets mad and insists on doing exactly what she does then there isn’t a compromise is there?

3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

This could be an ex of mine....she lived to smoke weed; it's not my thing and never was. She had to be the center of attention with lots of friends...and our relationship morphed into where everything was all about her....

Charming, right?

Eventually I realized that we were just not compatible. You deserve someone who will compliment who you are and love you for who you are....accepts your differences, too. Mostly, you need someone who is willing to compromise.

4. Writer23

Writer23 Active Member

It seems as if you have grown out this relationship. It very possible that you matured and want more and she is still very, comfortably, happy because her wants and needs are the epicenter of your relationship. Ask yourself this question: Will it always be what it is right now? If the answer is “yes”, you have to make a decision that serves YOU.

Spygirl likes this.