All I want is a relationship..

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Pandora808, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Pandora808

Pandora808 New Member

I'm in a very difficult point in my life where I want to meet someone. I have a hard time with people staying in my life.My last relationship ended on a good note,so we still talk occasionally.
    Im trying to get back out there,but people either ghost me or things dont go past the second date.A lot of the reasons I get are related to: "I'm at a really busy time of my life and I dont want to string you along." I really appreciate being told this,but in the back of my mind,it still hurts.I'm feeling like I'll never be able to meet anyone.I feel like everyone is just too busy and I'm just never going to find someone special.
    Should I keep trying or just quit?

2. Traveling

Traveling New Member

Don’t give up, that never solves the problem.
    You’ll find her when you don’t see it coming. Do the things that make you happy.

Traveler likes this.
  3. Traveler

Traveler New Member

I'm new here. Kinda looking for Program people. women to communicate with about life, living, program of recovery etc.

Relationships...I know little of since I'm just getting back into going out after five years of health problems. Getting better everyday. Started back to meetings but have to plan transportation.

Was looking for online possibilities of communications.

Yeah, I'd quit looking for a relationship and just start living, doing the stuff you like and making friends on all levels or not. Sure why not do online dating sites to find in person dates but, just for that, the relationship you seem to be looking for is a partnered type so, that is what I'm bases my reply on.

Have fun enjoy live as you really like and you will get what you need as you go along in lilfe.

4. Jo238

Jo238 New Member

I totally understand what you are saying and feeling. I'm at that point in my life, ready for a relationship but it's hard to find that someone. For me, I would like to court someone. Take them out on dates and get to know each other better. But no one has time or I don't know where to look. I hope you find what you are looking for and don't quit. Just gotta have Hope.

5. Traveler

Traveler New Member

Please remove me from this site. Not what I wanted.

6. Writer23

Writer23 Active Member

Date yourself and learn how to be comfortable with being with yourself because you have to find peace and contentment with being single. Someone once said, “Why would someone else want to be with you with if you do not want to be with yourself.” I write this because you describe your situation as if it is the worst thing in the world. It is not at all. View it as a time to get to know and find peace with you. When people see that you are at peace with being single, they will gravitate toward you. Also, read Iyanla Vanzant’s In The Meantime . It helped me some time ago.