All Game of Thrones Fans! Interested in discussing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic TV Shows' started by entertainmentguruwannabe, Apr 14, 2015.

1. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

I can't be the only one on this forum watching this incredible show! Anyone want to start a discussion on S5 as the episodes come out? Who has theories? Who are you most invested in? What are you anticipating this season? Anything stand out?

Episode 1 - what is everyone's thoughts?
    I personally was not terribly amazed - but I do forgive it seeing as it needs that exposition time to set things up. Also, I know that the first 4 episodes are leaked, but I'm trying to be good and not watch ahead; It'll only cause me pain :p

Personally I'm most invested in Daenerys and Arya Stark. But also anything regarding King's Landing is particularly exciting for me - I definitely enjoy the intense politics of it all. GoT is the perfect show to discuss on this forum come to think of it. This show has some of the strongest women characters ever! I'm tired of TV portraying women in the same, passive way. So nice to have some strong characters representing our sex for a change!!!

Any other GoT watchers wanna bite?

2. rac

rac Well-Known Member

My gf loved the show so I watched all four seasons before the new one started. Now I am heavily invested on the show.

I find Cersei interesting but my gf said they made her character on the show more sympathetic unlike in the book (yes, she read all 5 books.)

I love Tyrion. And yeah, Arya, too.

3. entertainmentguruwannabe

Awesome!

Cersei is the love to hate character. I like her sympathetic side though because her vulnerability makes her a more 3D character instead of just a typical evil bitch. I mean....she IS still...most of the time, hahaha. But I think that her love for her children is her one human side that redeems any goodness that she still may have left, (if any at all). And also I guess that her desperation makes you feel sorry for her, even while still disliking her.

I do want to read the books! I think I just am confused about what to do because I don't want to spoil aspects of the show for myself (though I know that particularly in this season they're going to start diverging from the books).

Tyrion is also one of the best characters! This season should be real good. I was SOOOOOO excited (SPOILER ALERT for episode one starting from here!) when they set him up to team with Daenerys. I KNEWWW that she would have such issues with her dragons though. I still don't understand her logic in locking them up in a dark cave by themselves. I understand the whole "not wanting them to burn innocent children" thing, but A) Those dragons aren't even the ones that did it and B) Pretty sure you can restrain your dragons/keep them under your watch WITHOUT locking them in a dark, depressing dungeon where you don't even visit or feed them or nothing! No wonder they were so upset!!! I can't imagine treating any pet that way :(

But hopefully she gets them all back under her control. She's not the mother of dragons if she doesn't have dragons, right? Daenerys is my boo :p I'm always going to be most invested in her storylines. I'm personally the least invested in Jon Snow and Stannis Baratheon. All of those very "stoic" manly characters are so blegh to me. I dunno if that's cuz I'm a gay woman, but I mostly think that their character traits and storylines are the most sterile and boring. :/

4. savetonight

savetonight Well-Known Member

Cersei is my favorite character and that's true she's a little lamb in TV show when you compare it to book but keep waiting what will happend. I know that not everyone read the book so I'll be not spoilering anything, don' worry. Books are worth reading because they make you wonder about who is the main character in this book. I think there's two main characters: Daenerys and Jon Snow and the saga is called: the song of ice and fire. That must be something.

BTW, do you also think Jon Snow is son of Ned Stark's sister and mad king?

5. entertainmentguruwannabe

I recently heard this theory from my friends and it kind of blew my brains out. I think it's a very fascinating and cool theory, but as we have a while to see it play out (or I guess in your case, read it :p) I will just keep that thought in the back burner for now.

(Mild Spoiler Alert!)
    How does everyone feel about this season so far? I've been pretty happy - I think it started out way too slow, but it's been picking up recently and I think despite the complaints from lots of fans (being unhappy about the writing here and there), it has been consistent. The only storyline I dislike is the one with the Dornish women who are getting revenge for Oberin, or whatever it is that they're doing. It's terribly written, and just so cheesy and out of place IMO.

Anyway - can't wait to see what's going to happen w/ Cersei the rest of this season. This past Sunday's episode had me super interested!

6. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Yeah, the show is harsh... And it sucks when nice people are killed.

(spoilers)

(spoilers)

(spoilers)

It's another LONG year... but that boat should turn around immediately. Killing of children for revenge is such BS, but in the real world - people do this already, or worse - they kill their own kids over "honor". Also, I expected that he lost half of is army for killing his daughter... that is not a moral booster, considering all the crap they were already going through.

Also...
    John Snow is not dead...
    John Snow is not dead...
    John Snow is not dead...

Yeah, it was a very slow start this season. I think its from having Tyrion in a box for such a long time.

Everyone loves dwarfs!
    Just kidding... but Tyrion is a great character and Peter's acting of the character is so TOP NOTCH... I'm not sure if he was supposed to be the "star" of the show, but it seems that way. If he gets killed, I think there will be riots.