Advices about moving to USA

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by ozinou, Oct 28, 2013.

1. ozinou

ozinou Member

Hello girls!

Well that's easy I was hoping if some of you could give advices about the following thing:

I'm a french gay girl and I just got a job offer in Idaho. I'm single and the job is way better than the one I have now. But Idaho is not known for open-mindness regarding homosexuality. I live in an area where being gay's ok. The job is really good but I do not want to go back in the closet, so what do you think is the smart thing to do?

Thank you girls from France!

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I know nothing about Idaho. Generally, gay rights support sometimes depends heavily on the neighborhood. There are pockets of neighborhoods that can be more conservative than others. It is hard to know until you get there. I don't always like coming out at work just to come out because some ladies will flirt with you just because you are gay. You really have to play it by ear.

Before moving to a neighborhood in the US, I usually like calling the local police department and ask for the crime prevention person to see if a certain street you are moving to have a crime history. There are some neighborhood stuff and crime blogs as well depending on the jurisdiction if you don't like calling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Idaho

Hopefully more folks here can help answer your question.