Advice with relationship!

Discussion in 'Advice (Dear AE...)' started by Unbelievers, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Unbelievers

Unbelievers Member

Ok, so i'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment and would like some advice off you lovely people as I always think advice off people who don't know you personally is much better.
    So, i'm bisexual but definitely prefer women. However, i've been in a relationship with a male since May last year. I was not looking for a relationship, it kind of just happened. At first it was great, we talk a lot, had lots in common, got on very well and we had a good sex life. But i started going through phases where I thought I wanted to be with him and where I didn't. I didn't act hastly because this happened in my previous relationship, with a female. Anyway, in February i started to get very frustrated but he bought us both a holiday, so i felt i had to stay with him. So decided i would carry on and when we got back i would end it with him. Sounds harsh i know, but about 2 weeks before the holiday he asked me how i felt about him because he had noticed i was not as interested in him anymore....it took him long enough! One mistake i have made was i never told him i was bisexual, nearly everyone knows i am but when u leave something the longer you leave it the harder it gets. Anyway we decided to go the holiday and see what happened. We had a fantastic time but the same feelings started coming back about 5 days into it, like i dont want to be with him, he isnt right for me etc. Now, its been about 4 days since we got back and i still feel the same. We both have very busy lifestyles so dont see one another a great deal, but im just not bothered about seeing him at all. I know if i was to end it that it would break his heart, however, i dont want this to be a reason not end it with him.
    He is an amazing person, and treats me like anyone would like to be treated. I just know he isnt right for me. I dont get 'that' feeling when i look at him, most the things he does annoy the hell out of me.
    ADVICE PLEASE :)

2. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

You don't need advice; you want to break up with him, and acknowledge that he isn't the right guy for you. So what exactly is your question/dilemma?

If it's just sanction, permission, approval: you don't need to have a reason to end a relationship that you no longer want to be in. You do not have to stay with every nice person that you date, just because they're nice. You do not have to present a laundry list of dealbreakers to break up. The only thing you need to end a relationship is honesty and a desire to not be in the relationship any more.

It sounds like you have both. Better to end it now, when perhaps you'll have an amicable end, than wait for it to get bad so that you have an excuse.