Advice on how to explain?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Zakk, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Zakk

Zakk Member

snip

2. Maison Clicquot

Maison Clicquot Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what you will explain, no one will care about your reasons so you shouldn't bother anymore with that idea. Also, let that past behind, it makes you look like you are searching for pity and don't let anything like that change you anymore. Now you are old enough to choose to be whatever and however you want to be.
    I enjoyed Yaoi/Shounen Ai anime (boy + boy) a lot and I'm not a man. Gravity was my favorite over any other yaoi and yuri anime. Btw, you wanted to say Yuri (girl + girl). I think that even if it was the opposite, if you were also a woman and wanted to be in that group of gay men, they still wouldn't accept you. If the group was large and all were old ladies, then it is not a coincidence and maybe you didn't fit in their requirements and it was not about that stereotype at all. Although people can make exceptions, but as a man who tries to fit in such circles, is hard because not everyone is open minded and accepts diversity. They also might not feel comfortable. Is like going out on a boys night, and if a girl comes, her present would be enough to ruin their night.
    Try creating your own circle. There are plenty of website with anime and manga fans, ask who's from AustinTexas and manage a group meeting.
    You are not walking on the stage naked, because you are anonymous here and for starters, get rid of this anxiety under anonymity, it might help you more someday, since you came like an open book.

3. Zakk

Zakk Member

thank you for the reply Garrus =)

i did not convey my thoughts or word my question properly.

i cant find a button to delete this thread myself so if a mod happens by i would be grateful

4. Maison Clicquot

Deleting that post, confirmed my suspicions.. you came here for another reason. Not a smart move.

5. Zakk

Zakk Member

anger trumps pure blind panic... who knew?

still with the misunderstanding. i didnt write that looking for sympathy or pity or tips on how to worm my way in somewhere im not wanted and i didnt delete it because i didnt get the answer i was looking for. this was the wrong place to dump out my purse and im sorry that doing so gave the wrong impression.

so wording it in the broadest sense: im an awkward person and my communication skills Suck With a Capital S. are there any tips or resources anyone could point me to that may help?

6. Maison Clicquot

You could try knowing people with the same interests like I said and you don't have to speak like a president. When you will be out of options and you still were not accepted somewhere or you didn't managed anything you wanted to happen, then you can say all the bad things about you; until then, save it and do something different. Remember this quote, it might help you,
    the definition of insanity by Einstein "doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results".

7. Zakk

Zakk Member

yeah patterns... i run away a lot. accusing me of being shifty led me to think about some things, like how being mad about it got me to reopen my account here and keep posting, and in doing so led to a nice reminder that there are times when i dont want to run. i will be working with my therapist to come up with ways to bring up some anger when i feel like running in a constructive way that wont get out of hand, as well as remembering this little exchange here where nothing good would have come about if i had just hidden from the whole thing. getting over the social anxiety (as much as i can with a full blown phobia), or at the very least not letting it rule me, will hopefully let me expand my horizons and meet some good people in the future. so a thank you from the bottom of my heart Garrus, even if it wasnt the advice you intended to convey i fell like i learned something good from this :D

on a related note my favorite Einstein quote: Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe