Discussion in 'Advice (Dear AE...)' started by edmariskal, Mar 16, 2016.

1. edmariskal

edmariskal New Member

--

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Ok...problem #1 - you asked her out on a date when you have a g/f and she knows you have a g/f. That could be your first clue right there. You're not sending a great message if you're willing to go out on a date with someone else when you have a girlfriend -- frankly it speaks a lot for your character, and would probably send me running, too.

Secondly, she's either just not interested in you in terms of dating or she had a crisis of conscience and decided to pull back on the reins. Yet, she doesn't have the balls to tell you outright so she's doing what most people who aren't brave do in this situation -- she's ignoring you and making excuses hoping that you'll get the blatant hint. Whatever her motive -- she has made it clear that she is NOT going to be dating you.

Move on -- either work on your relationship with your girlfriend or do her a favor and break up with her before you go dating someone else.

edmariskal likes this.
  3. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

To be fair, maybe the OP and her gf have an open relationship.

I agree with @Spygirl that the girl is not interested and is taking the cowardly route of just ignoring you.

There isn't enough info here to know why she lost interest. The truth is, you probably will never know. It could be anything from her not feeling a 'spark' when you talked, to her getting back with an ex, to her being wigged out about you having a gf.

I am not sure if you are cheating, or if you are in an open relationship. If you are in an open relationship, you may find it hard to find women who want to date you.

edmariskal and Spygirl like this.
  4. Spygirl

You're right -- i made the assumption that this was not an open relationship. As such I amend my answer to include -- the girl may not be interested in dating the OP at all because she's either just not interested or she can't handle the OP having a g/f (open relationship or not).

But still -- she's sending a very clear signal that she's not interested.

5. Spygirl

Rejection always sucks -- no matter how it happens.

Bluenote likes this.