When the closet door sticks and folks don’t remember...

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Greg, May 26, 2017.

1. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi, all. Little follow-up to my previous post in this particular category. I’m not sure if I want advice per se, but any responses are of course more than welcome. As I might have mentioned somewhere else, I explained my situation to my Dad at one point. (I’m a super-fem lipstick lebbi in a gent’s body, in case anyone’s not aware.) More recently, I also just shared it with my other closest family members: my younger brother and sister-in-law. They’re both very cool people, and I wasn’t really worried about their reaction(s) at all. And I know I didn’t have to be, they both said it didn’t matter, they love me no matter what. The thing is, like everyone with whom I share (supposedly significant) things about myself, I’m about 90-something percent certain they probably forgot right after. I’m hesitant to share it with any other family members, because it takes effort, and likewise, I’m also pretty sure anyone else would just forget. (Unless it put them off so much they couldn’t, which is less preferable.) Having others forget is not desirable, because if I were hypothetically to get my g.r.s. one day, I’d rather not feel like I’m springing it upon them out of the blue. Anyone want to share their thoughts, feel totally free. (That’s correct, I said it: I’m a lesbian, and PROUD of it!) —G.E.M.

Last edited: May 26, 2017