This is a long story

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by excentryke, Apr 10, 2017.

1. excentryke

excentryke Member

Well ...

I've known for certain for ten years that I was gay. Everything seemed to be going fine when a family member begged me to swear on my great grandfather's grave to only marry a man. So, I switched, and it's been horrible. Finally, the vow has been lifted and I can come out. At the age of 31 and I should surely have this figured this out by now.

It's only been a matter of days but I feel freer than I have in years. I don't know what to do, however. How do I come out? How do I send out gay signals?

I live in a rural community, I live in a liberal religious community; however, there are some members of my church who believe that homosexuality is a sin (which I know it's not). I want to find someone, I want to be fully out in my church among these people--I want to figure this out.

So, any sort of advice for my very bizarre story?

Cheers,
    excentryke

2. Elliex

Elliex Member

I think they will know soon or late, just be yourself :)

3. Pearl

Pearl Member

For myself, when I came out, I looked for Meetup groups or nearby events for LGBT communities. Those are always great since you meet people who accept you with open arms and/or who are part of your community.

If folks at your church think that way, I’d say to head to a different church where they are a bit more gay-friendly. If you want to stay at the same church, then just ignore those who give you rubbish. Gay or not, there are always traces of mule dung that we should not step on over the course of our lives, as my pops always said haha.

Congratulations on coming out, by the way.

greylin likes this.