The Tunnel with Clémence Poésy - anyone been watching this?

Discussion in 'All OTHER shows with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by LostOchre, May 31, 2016.

1. LostOchre

LostOchre New Member

The Tunnel with Clémence Poésy - anyone been watching this?

I started watching the Tunnel, the British/French "remake" of The Bridge because it had Stephan Dillane in it. He plays Stannis in GOT (huge GOT fan). But also in it is Clémence Poésy from Harry Potter - and she really is so good. Stephan Dillane is playing an English cop Karl Roebuck, and Clémence Poésy is playing his French equivalent, Elise Wasserman.

The first season was fantastic...both are outstanding actors and the series is very well made. I actually ended up watching the whole 10 episodes over 2 days. But it's the second season which may hold a little interest for AfterEllen readers. I really don't want to spoil it, and I suggest you watch the first season to get to know the characters (Elise may be one of my favourite all time characters) and then head into the even more emotionally charged second season.

I'm actually not sure if it shows in the US though, I watched in SKY in the UK.

2. Gyldenragg

Gyldenragg Well-Known Member

I love The Bridge/Broen! Which is also probably why part of me is repelling against the idea of the US and British/French adapt so much. Kind of similar to when they made the US version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That being said, it is interesting to watch different takes on a similar thing, so I might be tempted to check it out. (Especially if you say there might be something in there worthy of some gay attention - yeeees, I'll unashamedly admit I watch at times even crappy stuff just for the gayness. Who here doesn't? ;p).

But here's a deal! I'll watch The Tunnel if you check out The Bridge (unless you already have ofc, then you're off the hook!).

3. myka4hg

myka4hg New Member

I really enjoyed season 2 of The Tunnel. I thought the relationship between Elise & Eryka is probably one of the best I have seen on TV. I was a little upset with the revelation about Eryka, HOWEVER, I think that might have added to the whole emotional intensity of it all. Seeing Elise totally undone by the depth of her feelings & the betrayal was utterly heartbreaking. It's probably the most powerful, emotional relationship, between two women I've seen for a long time. I wish we were getting a third series because there was still a lot of mileage left in that dynamic between Elise & Eryka. I was still rooting for them despite all the bad sh!t that went down. lol