The 100

Discussion in 'All OTHER shows with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by chopstick, Apr 7, 2015.

1. chopstick

chopstick Member

I have literally just watched both seasons in 2 days and I actually love the show. Well thought out plotlines (mostly) and good acting.
    I thought the whole romance between Clarke and Lexa would have been a ploy to create drama. But actually it was well written and it made sense. In each other they found a person that is able to understand their hardships. What really got me is that Lexa and Clarke are so very different but incredibly similar. You can track Clarke's change from believing theverything is black and white, good or bad, to realising that there are moral grey areas that she has to make tough choices in. Lexa is a strong leader and very unwavering in her choices. A lot of people have said that Clarke makes Lexa realise that there are circumstances that call for mercy. I disagree, I think that Lexa has always had that ability. Clarke has just given her the strength to make the decision that allows for mercy.

What do you guys think?

G.race likes this.
  2. Rain

Rain Member

I also binge watched both seasons, haha, and I think it's one of the best shows I've watched, it's really well written and I love the part that women have, they're just not used because of their gender. Women and men are, finally, on equal terms. They can be warriors, leaders and everything else that makes sense to them.

There's also the breaking of overused stereotypes. What they did with Clarke/Finn/Raven is really admirable. They didn't use a triangle to create drama. The girls didn't fight for the boy. The girls actually became close friends with great respect for each other and the love triangle wasn't even prolonged.

And what can I say about Clarke and Lexa? I think the same thing as you, that even though it could have been used as a ploy to create drama, it made absolute sense. They are both in similar situations in the lonely position of leaders, both forced to make hard decisions to keep their people safe, they both lost loved ones in really difficult circumstances and I think they both learned from each other, although more Clarke from Lexa than the other way around.

I love these two characters so much. I love The 100 so much and I have to admit Jaha's City of Light bored me, but I really want to see what will happen in the third season. :)

> Sorry for my English!

3. chopstick

chopstick Member

You are so right. For a change, gender plays no role in leadership and fighting ability. It's a great way to showcase that women are just as capable. But they don't force it down your throat. It's a non-issue...
    What do you think about Bellamy and Clarke? I didn't realise that there was such a big following for them. I think that they are more in the brother and sister mould like Octavia and Bellamy.
    I hope that Lexa comes back and we see even more character development in terms of her ability to lead with both head and heart.
    This City of Light thing intrigues me. I wonder if they are trying to make Jaha the next villian.

4. Rain

Rain Member

I thought the same thing as you regarding Bellamy and Clarke. While I was watching the episodes, I was pretty much in a bubble, I didn't know much about the show and I didn't really read anything about the characters or that it was based on a book, so once I finished it and started reading about it I found out about "Bellarke" and it took me by surprise. I swear that I didn't think of them, while watching, as a potential couple at all, more like close friends/brother and sister relationship, as you said. So that really surprised me, haha.

I'm hoping for the same! Lexa is just such an interesting character and there's so much they can do with her. I also want to see what will happen with the Grounders after the decision she made and I really doubt the 12 clans will stick together now that the Mountain Men are no longer a threat.

And it does seem like Jaha is going to be an antagonist next season, I really want to see where they'll take the whole AI plot.

By the way, I just can't stop thinking about how awesome it is that in a show like this the canon couple, so far, is a same-sex one. While people are fighting to also make canon a straight one (Bellarke). I'm just so used to the opposite (Emma and Regina, Rizzoli and Isles...). It's just not common. Just another little thing that I love about this show. :)

5. chopstick

chopstick Member

The writers of this show are very brave and getting better and better at what they do every episode.
    I hope that the Walking Dead spinoff doesn't do well just so we can get Lexa back.
    What do you think is going to happen with Clarke and Bellamy and Clarke and Lexa when she gets back?

6. Rain

Rain Member

Well, you know... Alycia's (Lexa) character could die. Not many survive in The Walking Dead, haha. The good thing is that even if her character sticks around and the series is a success, the first two seasons will have only 6 episodes each, so, enough time to do both shows. :)

And... I have no idea! We don't even know how long Clarke will be away from her people but I do hope she and Lexa cross paths at some point. And to be honest, I don't know where the writers will take it, of course, but I doubt Bellamy and Clarke will get 'together', not yet at least. And maybe Bellamy will meet Echo (the Grounder girl he freed from the Ice Nation) again at some point as well, I thought their meeting could be a set up for something relevant.

What are your thoughts?

7. chopstick

chopstick Member

Echo and Bellamy's meeting seemed significant at the time. Hopefully that develops further. My hope is that Clarke actually does go to the grounder capital after a while. She doesn't go there specifically to see Lexa but just to have somewhere to go. Eventually Lexa goes there for some reason and they see each other. I just have no idea how they'll handle the next meeting between the two.

Have you read the books?

8. Rain

Rain Member

Yeah, I was also thinking Clarke might go to Polis!

And I haven't, I was thinking of reading them because I like the plot but... I don't know if I ever will. Romance novels are not really what I enjoy and as I've read from reviews, the books, especially the first, focus too much on that and also, no Raven? The other thing that keeps me away is that I already know TV Clarke and how badass she is, and as far as I know, there's not much of that in book Clarke.

What about you? Have you read them or plan to?

9. chopstick

chopstick Member

I haven't heard much about the books. But I think once I have time I definitely will read them. Mostly out of curiosity...

10. PurpleRaven

PurpleRaven New Member

The 100 was one of the best recent surprises I've had in a long time! I stumbled upon the first season on Netflix and watched it all at once. I fell in love before there was any Lexa so imagine my surprise when she finally shows up and I instantly pick up on the feelings between Clarke and Lena after Finn's death. I really love how it was written in there and wasn't just a phase or some other cliche bs. I for one can't wait for season 3!

11. helloworld

helloworld Member

I just finished watching Season Two. I had to slow down towards the end of the season because each episode was so intense! I needed a cup of tea and a lie down. Such great character arcs. I still can't believe what went down in the finale!

12. Rain

Rain Member

Has anyone watched the first episode of season 3? It's awesome! I can see this season is going to be great. :> So much drama!

13. chopstick

chopstick Member

Just finished watching episode 4. It is getting better and better!

14. Flashover

Flashover Member

I've caught up to the current episodes. There's a dirty rumor that Lexa might die this season. I only have four words. Better not be true.

15. chopstick

chopstick Member

I read about that too! But Lexa seems to be a fan favourite and at this point she is integral to the storyline moving forward... So I'm holding thumbs that it is just a dirty little rumour... What would be do without Lexa? Also, if they kill off Clarke's second love interest then how does Clarke come back from that?

16. Flashover

Flashover Member

I'm not sure how interested I'd be in the show without Lexa. I will still watch but I would be very sad. There is definitely strife between Lexa and her people because she is listening to Clarke. The show is doing a good job of building the relationship between the two women as well so I hope that when something more happens between them we are not left in tragedy.

17. Soupchef

Soupchef New Member

18. G.race

G.race New Member

Sad that lots of fans stop watching The 100 because of Lexa when Clarke is still there... well and alive with a broken heart from Lexa's sudden demise.

I will continue to support The 100 because I still believe they can come up with a better story next Season 4 and watch how Clarke survive another challenge to save everyone on Earth.

When it ends...I hope AMC gets Eliza Taylor in FTWD with ADC....and wish they won't kill her the way CW did. Just a wishful thinking. XD

19. Susanah

Susanah Member

In my opinion, so many things were rushed in season 3, that I struggled through the few episodes before Lexa died. I just had to see them together. I might take up watching it again later, and hopefully they corrected the way they rushed through everything.

And yes, AMC should definitely pick up the fan made character of Elyza Lex for Alycia's love interest in the series. :D