Sing You Home

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Ooohwhatprettystars, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Ooohwhatprettystars

Ooohwhatprettystars Well-Known Member

Has anyone else read Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult? It is my first book by her, and of course I did choose it based on its subject. The story was great, intense at times (but that's because I get stressed out easily haha) and I would highly recommend it. I don't know how any of her other books are but since this one dealt with a lesbian couple and trying to have a baby it grabbed my interest. Any other books that anyone can suggest that deals with single women or lesbian couples trying to have a baby?

2. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi, prettystars. I know this post's over a year and a half old, but a lot of mine don't have responses either. Anyway, I have "Sing You Home" as well and am interested in starting to read it soon. This is one of the reasons I buy books instead of borrowing them, it usually takes me a while to get around to them, but I definitely want them to be there to read when I'm ready. :) My wife and I got it from Barnes & Noble at the same time as we got one called "Tipping The Velvet" by Sarah Waters. It has lesbian themes as well, but as far as I know, doesn't deal with having a baby. I can't really suggest any other books, but can maybe point to a story of two I've written on Literotica about lesbian couples who want kids. I do know Ellen and Sharon Stone try to have a baby together in the last segment of Walls Could Talk 2. :D Cheers!