Orphan Black

Discussion in 'All OTHER shows with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by hum_dinger, Jan 24, 2016.

1. hum_dinger

hum_dinger Well-Known Member

I am absolutely obsessed with this show. Not only is Tatiana Maslany an incredible, versatile and hot actress but the show has one of my favourite lesbian/bi-sexual couples ever! Cosima and Delphine rock my world! If anyone hasn't seen all 3 series it might be best not to get involved in this one in case of spoilers so I would stop reading now if I were you.

Basically, I hope that Delphine shows up in the next series and makes my little gay heart whole again. If you have any thoughts about the show or any of the other characters let me know so we can chat about it. I want to know what you are hoping to happen in the next series and which characters you like the best and why?

2. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

I love this show! Its on my all time favourite tv show list :)

Helana is totally my favourite... and her science babies :)

3. hum_dinger

Yes I do have a soft spot for Helena because she seems so innocent sometimes. I have to pledge my allegiance to team Cosima however. I just think she has the best personality and I dig the whole bohemian thing! I've even considered getting dreads because of her but I really don't think they'd suit me!

4. aussie_gabby

Yeah i really like Cosima. So is more the bohemian in her than the science nerd that you like?

I also strangely like Rachel. She's such a cold person but who wouldn't be with an upbringing like that!

5. hum_dinger

Yeah I think I like the hippy bohemian thing because I relate to that, not so much in my dress sense but in my outlook on life. I do like the geek thing too though because again I would identify myself as a total geek

It's interesting that you like Rachel. I can't say I see it personally but I can see what's interesting about that fact that you can see the little cracks in her veneer. It shows she might not be totally cold hearted and a lot of it is just a response to her environment.

What do you think of Delphine's fate?

6. aussie_gabby

Super sad. I hope she survives.

I know Rachel is a crazy cold, mean person but what can I say, I always been sorry for people who get stabbed in the eye. Which I did not see coming!

7. hum_dinger

Yeah, I think it would be a massive mistake if they didn't let her survive and get back together with Cosima. If only for my benefit haha

Yeah I don't think Rachel saw it coming either, sorry that was terrible but I couldn't resist. I'm intrigued to see what happens now she knows her Mum is still alive and she has that young clone who she's going to be a 'Mum' to. I like that Rachel has a lot more to be revealed. She has layers to her back story and personality

8. Flashover

Flashover Member

My roomie has Amazon Prime so I binge watched this show. Loved it! Tatiana Maslany is positively brilliant.
    For the characters Helena is definitely a favorite of mine. I love her quirks. Felix cracks me up. The combination of Felix and Alison is fun. Then there's Cosima. I <3 her. I have a soft spot for adorable nerds.
    Did you know there is also an Orphan Black comic book?

9. SirenicPuppy

SirenicPuppy New Member

Yeah this show has me tied up inside. Tat is an excellent actress. I know a lot like cosima, but I cannot see past the enchanting Delphine. I've never been affected quite so strongly by any character ever. I'm a bit concerned that they will bring back Delphine only to have Cosima die. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as I cannot watch season 4 yet. So I go back to watch cophine. Again and again and again. ..

10. Jogabonito

Jogabonito New Member

I just binged watched all 4 seasons in 4 days and omg this show deserves an Emmy along with Tatiana getting one! And I am so in love with Evelyn Brochu gosh she's so gorgeous and cute and just so yummmy lol

aussie_gabby likes this.
  11. hum_dinger

Wow a season a day is some dedication! Yes I agree it deserves an Emmy. I think it is so underrated and I also love that such a big show is filmed in Canada instead of the States. Evelyn is such a hottie. I don't know if I want to be her or be with her!

12. Jogabonito

Jogabonito New Member

Lol now that you put it that way ... That sounds insane ! But I had the time I took vacation days to travel got sick and canceled so had nothing but time :) I can't get over the story line and the awesome acting and it just keeps you engaged at all times .
    Yeah Iam actually really impressed with Canadian shows ... Watched lost girl , Wynona Earp , black matter ... All awesome shows and I like how some of the actors are recycled in the different shows ! And I most definitely want to be with Evelyn and not be here lol

13. hum_dinger

Well if you have the time, why not! I haven't actually seen any of the other shows you mentioned. I can't wait for the next season which will feel like soooo long! Yeah on second thoughts, you're right, I think I'd rather be with her!

14. Jogabonito

Jogabonito New Member

Check out those other shows :)

Attached Files:

15. hum_dinger

I will do, thanks for the reccomendations :)