My Tinder Adventureish

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Shweet22, Jun 26, 2016.

?

Tinders a force for good.

1. Agree

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Disagree

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Shweet22

Shweet22 New Member

Rightio, so calling all you lovely ladies of AE; I'm about to start down the (hopefully) interesting path of joining Tinder. Just wondering if you had any tips/weird and wonderful stories about being aboard the Tinder train.
    All the best,
    Shweet

2. Dinotae

Dinotae Member

Tinder is lame!! lol I've been on there for while but unable to meet anyone. Perhaps it's just my luck though. Because my cousin is also on and he said it's working like a charm for him. Either way, you should definitely try. It wouldn't hurt... I think :)

3. Pi3

Pi3 Well-Known Member

I admit, being an immature person, I trolled tinder and studied the app functions and interface for a short period of time.

To be honestly I am too shy and awkward to say anything to anyone, so I didn't make any friends. But I did have fun thou. Anyway the point is have fun and don't stress over it, it will make things easier.

4. jay_bird

jay_bird Member

I haven't tried Tinder yet. I just signed up on POF, so uh, wish me luck! Hahaha! I've heard Tinder is good for hook ups--at least, that's what the straight people say. My friend had three strange experiences with Tinder. She was interested in a little wam, bam, thank-you ma'am and she totally got it. The guys were freaking weirdos and socially awkward af. I have no idea what the women are like, though. Let me know?

For some reason, finding lesbians is harder than I thought (and I thought it would be hard). I guess we really ARE a minority...or...all lesbians are already in relationships. ;)

GOOD LUCK :)! Just use your best judgement and be safe.

greylin likes this.
  5. Beatabuttah

Beatabuttah New Member

Don't do it. It's a waste of time. No one on there actually wants to meet up.

jay_bird likes this.
  6. Alice74-29

Alice74-29 New Member

Tinder is so much hard work, you match with someone, they either do not message, or you send a message start a convo, think you are getting on well and boom she just disappears.

SummertimeSadness likes this.
  7. lesigh

lesigh New Member

I think it's probably best to approach Tinder without expectations. Guys randomly show up despite settings being set to women only. There are a lot of couples looking for a third. Also, how have I managed to swipe through every queer lady in Los Angeles? Of the matches I do have I've not received any messages.

I happened to match with someone that I had a genuine interest in getting to know. I sent a message that actually took an interest in what was expressly mentioned in her profile and related a common interest/experience based on one of her photos. I never got a response and was unmatched a month later. Maybe I should have kept it simple with a "Hey", lol. I left Tinder for a while and when I downloaded it again I came across her profile again and right swiped. A couple days later she matched with me again and 6 days later neither of us has said anything. It's ridiculous.

I'm femme presenting and in order to avoid any presumption of heterosexuality I have recently added a lovely rainbow emoji to my profile. Perhaps I should add the women holding hands emoji for the sake of clarity.

Can't really take tinder seriously as it is known as a hook up app and is basically set up as a game of hot-or-not. That being said it serves as a great distraction/time killer. I'm sure there is the occasional real relationship that may develop and to those lucky enough to find love (or a hookup if that's what you're after) on Tinder, my hat's off to you (just as an aside, in my mind it's a top hat).

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Gentry, jay_bird and Bluenote like this.
  8. Gentry

Gentry Active Member

I haven't tried Tinder. But I love Moovz. It's like twitter + fb + LGBTQ . The atmosphere is friendly and there is a good chance to find friends if not lovers. I discovered that finding and meeting new queer friends will widen your circle and get more chance on meeting new women.

Also, good luck!

SummertimeSadness likes this.