Laurence Made Me Cry - folk/pop

Discussion in 'Lesbian/Bi Musicians' started by LadyJoJo, Dec 30, 2014.

1. LadyJoJo

LadyJoJo Member

Thought I'd share my music with you! I make folk pop music under the name 'Laurence Made Me Cry'. I'm openly bi although leaning towards the ladies more in recent years. I'm totally up for travelling and playing in your city (I'm UK based) - hoping to make it over to Canada next year for a few shows.

Have a listen and let me know what you think!

http://laurencemademecry.com/

https://laurencemademecry.bandcamp.com/

If you'd like to hear work in progress tracks from the new album I'm recording, check it out here:

https://soundcloud.com/lmmcmusic

UPDATE: Since my original post here, I was actually going through a bit of self-discovery and realisation (saying you're bi because you think it will be easier for your family to accept and convincing yourself that you are is a bit stupid). Turns out I am totally, completely, 100% not bi. I use the term 'relentlessly gay' now.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Willow DeLyon

Willow DeLyon New Member

Wow, I love it! Folk pop is new to me... These vocals are superb!

3. LadyJoJo

LadyJoJo Member

Thank you! Yeah, I find it hard to describe my music. Currently recording my second album now and I don't even think folk pop is accurately describing it! Hah!

4. Willow DeLyon

Willow DeLyon New Member

I've got a lot of... alterna folk (?) on my iPod... Enter the Haggis, Lady Maisery, Lucy Ward, Dreadnoughts, etc. What you listen to/draw inspiration from? Are these your own lyrics, or revamped traditional songs?

5. LadyJoJo

LadyJoJo Member

I think alternative folk is probably more accurate. :) They are all my own words.

I'm very passionate about music as a whole and will listen to pretty much anything. Stand out artists for me are Kate Bush, PJ Harvey, Arcade Fire... so many more. Inspiration-wise, I love observing people/what's happening around me. I can at times be quite introspective too and that probably shows in my lyrics.

6. Willow DeLyon

Willow DeLyon New Member

Ah! 3 excellent artists. Kate Bush is a favorite of mine. So is people-watching... your music might go over really well here in MA. I'll be sure to spread it around!

7. LadyJoJo

LadyJoJo Member

Thank you so much! :)