Late bloomer

Discussion in 'Bisexuality' started by Selyna Kyle, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Selyna Kyle

Selyna Kyle New Member

Has anyone else been living as a lesbian for the first part of their life and suddenly realized they were (or became) also attracted to men?

-I find it really weird because people I've known for a while don't take seriously my second coming out.

-People I've just met act as though my attraction to women is unexistant even though I am mostly and very obviously attracted to women.

-People seem to also expect that, as a bisexual person, you must have mainly explored heterosexuality before an-ything else.

-People seem to expect that you would choose heterosexual relationship over homosexual ones.

I guess it's also very frustrating because, as a femme-looking woman, I have been constantly put in a position where I had to prove my attraction to women. Now I also can't really deny the fact that I am attracted to men and I'm very well aware of the fact that there is a lot of biphobia in the community.

I don't really know a place where it's possible to discuss about these things. Most queer spaces are essentially addressed to lesbians. :confused:

2. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

I get you. However, I used to identify as bisexual while now I am almost exclusively attracted to women. Anyway...

You just do you. You can't change one's stupidity and ignorance unless they decide they're not right and want to get educated. If you wanna talk more further, feel free to message me.