Is Lost Girl about the dangers of promiscuity?

Discussion in 'Lost Girl' started by Kristana, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Kristana

Kristana Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Spoilers if you haven't watched the fifth season of Lost Girl:
    People keep saying that Lost Girl is a display of polyamory. Are we sure that it's not a subtle comment on the dangers of promiscuity? I was thinking about the Tamsin incident, and really, who among the people that she's been involved with hasn't been hurt by her lifestyle? Am I misreading this?
  2. Ashley Rodriguez

Feb 5, 2015
    I never thought about looking at it that way but it is true what you said. That could be the underlying meaning
  3. MsGroves

MsGroves Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    I don't know if its commentary, in the sense of it being a deliberate reading on any particular lifestyle, but I do think you have a point. Lost Girl is constantly showing us the implications/consequences that Bo's choices have on other people. I think it definitely crystallised with the Tamsin situation.

The Tamsin storyline is actually a really good example. For Tamsin, that entire romantic/sexual interaction had way more meaning than it had for Bo. It was actually really curious to see Bo so entirely astonished by Tamsin's intense disapproval... I think Bo is incredibly far removed from the feelings of others to some extent. I think she has perhaps forgotten that her actions can have reactions, and feelings can get hurt.
    chlzee likes this.