I dont know what to do anymore.

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by MadClown, Feb 29, 2016.

1. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Hello there I need help/advice.I am forginer living in Sweden and its not easy for me to approach people since i am naturally shy.
    I have tried okcupid,qruiser and meetups and i had zero luck.I have been in this country for 4 months now and I guess even for a loner like me it gets lonley sometimes.
    I am too shy to approach girls since I was so used to being and the closet back in my home contry(Croatia).
    I am 21 years old and i cant really say specificly what i like because i like a lot of things.But i do like video games and i want to play legaue of legends proffesionaly.I am a kpop fan and my music taste in general is wide.I love horror movies and i love anything zombie related.
    As for who I am, i think the best word to describe me is loyal.I have a dark sense of humor, i like to tease people and i am an atheist who criticies religion.
    I am getting hopeless when it comes to meeting people.So can anyone share any advice or point me in the right direction?

Ps: If there are any grammar mistakes I apologizes.English is my second language.

2. Gyldenragg

Gyldenragg Well-Known Member

Hey there! I'm happy to hear you're getting a Scandinavian experience!

That being said, making friends or anything closer does prove a bit more difficult to some outsiders when they first come to Scandinavia. (I'm obviously generalizing, as there are lots of very different personalities also in the Nordics).

You've already tried a bunch of apps and websites but I wouldn't necessarily give up that easily. Also, don't go expecting to meet dating material, but maybe you'll eventually befriend people or become part of a group who hang out and that might open up more doors for you. The important thing is to expand your horizon a bit and have fun whilst doing it.

You also mention you're interested in things like K-pop, LoL etc so maybe events such as conventions could be an idea? In Norway there is a massive annual event for anime/fantasy/sci-fi etc called Desucon and I'm sure Sweden has something similar. Generally I'd say people there are incredibly open and most treat each other like a long-lost friend for the days it last (at least that was my impression when I attended a few years ago). I know gaming events and LANs are quite popular in some circles too so that could be worth checking out.

I'm sure there's also plenty of expat hangouts/meetups though as I'm sure several people find themselves in a similar position. Otherwise doing some volunteer work could help meet people with similar interests. Or, you could get in touch with an lgbt community there - there should be a few to choose from :)
    Stockholm Pride is in July this year if that's your thing and you'd like to help out organizing it for example.

3. MadClown

MadClown New Member

4. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks for responding.

The thing is i wasnt actually looking for dating i was just seeking friends but people are either too closed or want other things.And i wanted friends who share my sexuality because back home i could never do that despite being out to my family.
    As for meetups i live in Trollhattan and here there arent many things if not any at all that spark my intrest.
    But i will check if there is an event like that in Sweden and once again thanks for your reply :)

5. Gyldenragg

Gyldenragg Well-Known Member

I hope things work out for you! Just keep your eyes open and search around a bit, if not in Trollhattan then there should be something of interest closeby. (Btw, did you know that Trollhattan was the main location for the movie Fucking Åmål/Show Me Love? You're in some lgbt iconic territory haha).
    What do you study there btw? (Presuming that's what you're doing there).

6. MadClown

MadClown New Member

I had no idea that was filmed here, thats good info :)
    Actually i finished my stuides in Croatia, got a bachleros in engenering.I am here working currently.