I came out!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Sandra92024, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Sandra92024

Sandra92024 Member

Hi, I'm not that active in there, I wish I would be more to be honest, but I'm mostly watching what's going on.
    Have you read what the Canadian singer Coeur de Pirate wrote this week? Well, It's me. I grew up in a little tiny town where I never knew that I could or was allowed to love a person that was the same sex as me, that is until I came upon The L Word and started watching it. Even after that I tried to fit in and even tho I was not attracted to guys, I still tried, and I thought there was something wrong with me since I could not be in a relationship.
    I came back from a year and half in Australia where, until my brother came along one, I was not out but I was not hiding it either, people kinda knew but when he arrived I hid it back, tried to "joke" around once but his reaction annoyed me .
    I only told my three best friends and two are twins, still not the easiest especially with them being raised catholic and going to church. They were very ok with it, even tho when we go out (we live in different countries) I am the wing woman and I don't go out to meet people.
    I came back to France to my best friend in a new relationship with a lovely girl and I have never seen her the happy, that make me a bit envious and wanting something good like that. And it played in my decision as well.
    Well, I know that my mom knows, she's always going on and on about how it is ok to have a gay child, that as long as her kids are happy she is as well blablabla, I never told her or anyone else. Over what happened in Orlando, I felt so sad, angry, devastated like a lot of the LGBTQ community, and I just did it. Nothing too fancy but still quite scary.
    I was at work, and kept reading (yeah, work is boring) about the event of last weekend and I just got so mad, and I was thinking about how life is short, And so I putted something on IG and FB. Talk about original. I just took everybody by surprised. As I did it I told my best friend to go check IG, and she was like 'OMG I am so proud" but then told me only my sister would see it and I proudly said NOPE, it's on FB, there is no going back. And she was even prouder. I got butterflies, most of excitement about it.
    I didn't get any bad comments or anything, all my friends, the one I see a lot and the other one I see less have been supportive so far. And for the other one, fuck them if they're not happy. Because I AM. I am happy and so very gay and ready to start a new chapter of my life.

• I apologize in advance, I am so not a writer but some people have asked about it and to be honest I kinda want to scream it everywhere!!!

2. Gyldenragg

Gyldenragg Well-Known Member

So happy for you!! :)

That feeling is seriously one of the best I've experienced, and I'm sure the others here will agree! Be proud of yourself and best of luck with this wonderful next chapter of your life!

Susanah and rainydaze like this.
  3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -- e.e. cummings

rainydaze likes this.
  4. mysterious girl

mysterious girl Active Member

It is funny how The L word series can have such an impact on some people. Definitely had an impact on me. Je te souhaite bon courage pour commencer cette nouvelle étape de ta vie :)

rainydaze likes this.
  5. rainydaze

rainydaze Well-Known Member

Yay, You!!! Congratulations! I really like that you were able to take your anger, sadness, and devastation over the tragic events in Orlando, and turn it into a positive and bold change in your life! That is courageous and life-altering! I am glad that your Mother and friends are supportive too. Many well wishes to you as you embark on this next part of your life's journey! :)

6. Susanah

Susanah Member

Congratulations! It is always freeing to not hide such an important part of who you are. All parts of you are important, but some are not as visible as the rest... It's great to hear this :)

7. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

Yey! I got to read it and all I have to say is good for you! Congratulations-- Now you can brave the world free and proud. Good luck with the many adventures you're about have. :D

On another note, L Word has seem to have played role in a lot of people's awakening, I remember watching it in lowest volume possible back when I was still trying to hide it from my folks. Fast forward to today, my mother watches reruns of it with me.

8. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

so Happy for you! :D

9. Shweet22

Shweet22 New Member

Super pleased for you! You go gurl!

10. Lily65

Lily65 Member

Congrats dear. Happy for you.

11. Fedelia

Fedelia New Member

Well done, dear. We're always happier when we are who we are.

12. hum_dinger

hum_dinger Well-Known Member

Well done you! It's one of the hardest things you'll ever do but one of the most liberating and freeing too. I've never regretted coming out. Im happy to hear that you have so many supportive people around you. Good luck with everything!

13. mariannek2u

mariannek2u Well-Known Member

Wow thats awesome!!! Go you !