Hello everyone, I know my situation's a little different...

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Greg, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

...And I know I may be one of the only guys around here—if not THE only one—but I also mentioned this in the Introductions forum. I'm a transgender lesbian in a male body, and I really just, well, loathe it. I feel miserable in my own skin. I've always felt more like a (gay) woman than a man. And even if I'm seen here as something of an outsider, I was telling one acquaintance I made on AE how I can't help but feel like I belong here...probably sounds weird, I know. I haven't told too many people about this, 'cause it seems like an additional step further than coming out...if that makes any sense. I told my Dad about it, 'cause I usually talk to him about anything and everything, and he doesn't have a problem with it exactly, but advised me not to tell too many people that kind of thing. It was kind of discouraging...'s certainly not like he doesn't love me anymore or vice versa, but it feels kind of like I'm being told I should suppress or conceal my inner identity. There isn't a whole heck of a lot I have to say about this, except I'm just hoping to be able to meet and connect with a few friendly members on AE. Just getting started. Cheers, all.

Pi3 and kleksakru like this.
  2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I think it is very brave that you are so open about what you a going through. I am glad you are making yourself known on here and I bid you welcome. :) It is good that your Dad received it as well as he did. With parents, they always have a "but" when kids are doing something new and requires courage, they just worry about us, you know. Take care. :)

Spygirl and Greg like this.
  3. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Thanks, greylin, I really appreciate your kind words and warm welcome. Well, I'm trying, just starting out with posts where I have some input and contribution. :) And you're right, it's very true, a good parent's heart is in the right place. And my Dad is one of the finest parents I've ever met. I really actually couldn't ask for a better one.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    greylin likes this.
  4. rainydaze

rainydaze Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome aboard AE, Greg! Thank you for being willing to offer your support and perspective to other AE members! :)

Greg likes this.
  5. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Thanks, rainydaze. I've actually been here I think longer than you have, so it feels a little funny to have you welcome me, but very nice indeed as well, don't get me wrong. :D I've just more recently gotten heavier into the posting and connecting with folks, so I have a lot of messages and my own threads, just not many likes or followers (yet). Hopefully one day someone can put my support and perspective to use. Cheers!

rainydaze likes this.
  6. Lauren_1989

Lauren_1989 Active Member

It doesn't matter if you don't fall ANYWHERE on the LGBT spectrum, all people are welcome here. Good luck Gregg, I hope you find what you're looking for!

Pi3, Greg and Spygirl like this.
  7. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Aw, thank you, Lauren, that's really sweet! Technically, I fall in the 'T' section, but either way. I really just want to make some decent acquaintances, if not good friends. Thanks so much for the message, I really appreciate it. Cheers!