Full Circle: Part 2

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Lexington, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Her hand trailed down from my hip as she touched me intimately. My breathing became erratic causing Nat to shift next to Ellen, she turned over to face the wall pulling the sheets with her in her slumber. I tore myself quickly away from Ellen clarity hitting me like a brick wall. "I don't think this is allowed if SHE isn't conscious!"
    "I can't help it Lex".
    "Well try harder, for fucks sake, she's right there. Don't play with me Ellen, you're just messing with my head!"
    "Lex.....I".
    "Go to sleep Ellen!!"
    The next morning I woke, disorientated. I turned finding deep brown eyes watching me. Ellen laid with her arm tucked underneath her head gazing at me intently. "Hey, you".
    "Hi". I blinked uncertainty creasing my brow. I remained silent, testing how the mood was in the room. I suddenly became very aware that I was naked and it caused me to squirm inwardly.
    "You okay?"
    "I'm fine". I said shortly.
    "You look beautiful when you sleep you know?"

"Where's Nat?" I uttered ignoring her comment.
    "She's making breakfast if you're hungry".
    I nodded turning onto my back, breaking her gaze. I drifted off, deep in thought. Ellen reached out and touched my arm shaking me from my daze, "do we need to talk about last night?"
    I turned and looked her directly in the eyes uneasiness clouding the air, "no, it was just sex." I lied.
    "What's to talk about? I shouldn't have done it, I will never get Che back now, but whatever, that doesn't affect you? does it? So no, we don't need to talk about it".
    I suddenly became very aware I was naked. I sat up and looked around for my top. I spotted it on the floor by the door. I stood up and walked over to it as confidently as I could muster and scooped it up. I folded it briefly and placed it with my other clothes. I grabbed the towels Nat had left on the side and got in the shower. I needed to wash the scent of them off me. I needed to wash away the memories of last night. I dried myself quickly and pulled on my clothes. I glanced quickly at Ellen still lying in bed as I passed back through the room. She opened her mouth to speak to me but thought better of it. I averted my gaze and headed downstairs. I met Nat in the kitchen and she smiled at me brightly no hint of regret or embarrassment, "do you want some breakfast Lex?"
    "No, thanks. I need to get home". I said coolly.
    Her smile faltered, "everything ok?"
    "Yeah, I've just got to go". I grabbed my jacket and keys and headed out the door without turning back.

I eventually made it home not quite realising how I got there. I sat on my sofa burying my head in my hands. My phone that I had left in the draw the night before lay beeping and vibrating away. I opened the draw reluctantly and noted I had 5 missed calls from Che and 3 text messages.
    I sighed deeply, anxiety building in my stomach. I clicked to open the messages and read them quickly.
    "Lex, I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. Please answer the phone. xCx"
    "Lex, please! I should never have told you I wanted a break. I miss you!"
    "Lex, I swear if you don't answer your phone i'll just come round, we need to talk!"
    I cursed aloud glancing at the clock as the doorbell rang out setting my stomach into a nervous panic. I clutched my head as it pounded with the reminence of my hangover. I knew che had a key so I waited for her to let herself in. I heard her footsteps nearing and I kept my head in my hands.
    "Lex, I'm sorry I.......what the fuck happened to you?"
    I looked up at her my head suddenly very sore, "I had one too many drinks".
    "Are you still in last nights clothes?" She asked her tone acusatory.

2. Nowthatsa

Nowthatsa Well-Known Member

Yay!! You're wonderful!

3. jess23

jess23 Member

Lex, where have you been? It's been way to long since your last post!! You can't just leave us up in the air like that!!
    Please please post something soon, I need my fix

4. Snow

Snow Member

i caught myself checking the web everyday to see if post anything TT.TT, wish you can continue to write some more :?

5. OutofAfrica

OutofAfrica Active Member

Ahhh....
    Testing......1/2/3....Testing......does this site work? Two weeks and zero contributions on any posts? Do let me know where everyone has migrated for Lex's updates....

6. Marla

Marla Member

Lex, need another fix....shows have all gone to shit! I have no life other than work right now! Just hope everything is going well and let you know we all miss hearing from you!

7. Lexington

I've tried posting but it's not showing up. Annoying the **** out of me tbh

8. Lexington

I've been on holiday and tbh forgot all about it. Will try and get something posted tomorrow

9. Lexington

"Er yeah, I stayed at Ellen and Nat's, I just got home".
    "Oh, well, I'm sorry about what I said. I should never have gone away with my mates. If its any consolation I had a terrible time and spent the whole night missing you".
    I looked up into her eyes, tears brimming in my own, "it's too late, I've ruined it".
    "Ruined it? What do you mean?"

I stayed silent unable to make audible sounds as the lump that was developing in my throat expanded. Che became impatient,
    "Lex, what have you done?" She uttered in a panicked tone.
    "I....I... I slept with them". I said in a whisper the tears in my eyes finding their way down my cheeks.
    "What?"
    "What do you mean?"
    I could see her heart breaking as she started to cry, her lip trembling. "Ellen and Nat, I slept with them, last night. I.....didn't think you wanted to be with me anymore. You've been so distant lately, I just...."
    She fell back against the wall and my words faded away as she slid down to the floor in a crumpled mess. Sobs began to cause her body to shake.
    After what seemed like an age I reached out a trembling hand and placed it on her shoulder in a pathetic attempt to comfort her.
    "I'm sorry, I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore, you haven't exactly been present much lately."
    "Don't you dare! Don't you fucking dare, you just nothing Lex! Don't give me that bullshit! You did it because you wanted to! You didn't think about me at all!" Tears continued to stream down her face matching my own.
    "You said you wanted to go on a break, that's code for I want to break up but I'm scared to tell you! I was upset and they were there! And you weren't. You are never there for me lately". I spat.
    She leaned back against the wall again sobbing. She rocked herself her arms cradling her own body. I knelt in front of her watching her unsure what to do. She eventually looked up at me through tear filled eyes and as she spoke her voice wobbled, "how could you do that to us? How could you do that to me?"

ciba29 likes this.
  10. itisabouttimenow

itisabouttimenow New Member

Where are you? Let's gather a search squad for Lex. Updates please:(

11. jellohead

jellohead Well-Known Member

Oh, Lex.... Then what?