Feminism

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by WindInTime, Jan 4, 2015.

1. WindInTime

WindInTime Well-Known Member

Heyyyyyyyy...

So back in the olden days AE had more of a feminist leaning, which is awesome, and now it's more, I dunno, just whatever, which, frankly, is also awesome.

I like to think of myself as a feminist but apparently there are a lot of women out there who would like to tell me I'm wrong about that (?!) just because I criticize the fact that they are aggressive to people who don't think exactly the same way that they do. I'm seriously tired of these types of militant freaks of nature and how they get off on insulting people and pushing their own opinions and terminologies around.

Let's look at it this way. Feminism started out as a good thing and has always been seen as a bad thing. There are two types of feminists out there. The ones who continue to help it be a good thing, and the ones who reaffirm to everyone else out there that it fucking sucks. I started out in my life completely for feminism, completely happy to be explaining why women should be treated better and what we can do to make the world a better place.

Apparently that's not good enough anymore - now I have to major in feminism, get a bunch of terms under my belt, get harassed and insulted by people who think they're better than me because their aggression puts me off and makes me feel ill-at-ease when it comes to changing the world around me.

Yeah, good luck wasting your, and everybody else's, time on completely irrelevant arguments that will get this world nowhere. What these people do is just as bad as what the Men's Rights Activists do - they sit around yelling at people to feel good about themselves and give the illusion that they are actually helping the world somehow.

Yeah, maybe by giving genuinely good people ulcers and driving more people away from your cause. Great job there.

Anyway, my point is that I would like to see more feminist ideals lived out, not chewed up and spit out at other people. How many feminists are still around on AE? Do you guys have similar experiences? What are your thoughts?

2. Fix Society

Fix Society Well-Known Member

You mean you dislike people who yell at you by parroting grandiose terms learned at an institution and do nothing else to better this world?

3. WindInTime

WindInTime Well-Known Member

In a nutshell. xD