English Premier League fantasy football 2017-18

Discussion in 'Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Sports' started by Linda Bates, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Linda Bates

Linda Bates New Member

If you fancy pitting your wits against other gals who love football (the real one - soccer for y'all!), sign up for the official fantasy league at https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/home. Search for the AfterEllen AllStars in the 'league' tab and enter this code to join our private league: 1904451-456094

The premise of the Fantasy Football league is pretty simple: you get a budget of £100m to spend on a squad of 15 players (max. 3 from any one team, e.g. Arsenal, Chelsea) and every week you choose the 11 players from that squad that you think will get you most points. Points are awarded (by independent judges) for things like scoring goals, assists (i.e. making the pass that leads to another player scoring), keeping a clean sheet (for goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders), minutes played and so on. The 'manager' (i.e. you!) with the most points at the end of the season in May will be top of the league!

Twice a year - once before Christmas and once after - you can completely change your team by playing your 'wildcard' and making unlimited transfers (i.e. selling underperforming players and buying ones who are scoring more points); at all other times, you'll have one free transfer per week (rolling over to a maximum of two transfers if you don't use this option every week).

That's about it, but have a wee look in the 'forum' section once you've successfully signed up and there's more info there. If in doubt, go to the 'Help' section (a tab on the right of the home screen) and you can find out more about the rules of the game.

If you were a member of the league last season, you should have automatically received an email inviting you to re-join this season.

Good luck!

Linda