Carol

Discussion in 'Movies with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by Eloise, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

I saw Carol today and loved it. The movie has the same feel as the book, The Price of Salt. The director did so much with just a touch or a look. It has the feel of a movie made in the 1950s in that they tended to imply a lot with staging, photography and subtlety.

Surprisingly, the theater was filled with older straight couples. Older than me and I'm in my late 50s. I didn't see any single women or female couples at all. I went to a late afternoon movie, so that may have had something to do with it. But, the cineplex was packed with mostly middle aged couples, not many children.

Has anyone seen it yet? What was the makeup of the audience?

2. Robinz

Robinz New Member

I've seen the movie here in LA, but maybe it was on the weekday so there weren't a lot of people. There were more men than women tho, some couples, and yet they seem to be in the late 40s except me and my wife we're in our 20s.

I love both the movie and the book. Carol is a strong character that I really admire, Therese on the other hand (from the book) seems to be a bit immature sometime, but that's how it suppose to be right? she's younger after all. I hope they win something from the Academy Awards, they deserve it.

3. Hello_Nath

Hello_Nath New Member

the best movie ever
    I love carol haha

4. icicle20

icicle20 Member

i went to see the avant-premiere of carol in france, and there were not many people (it was also in a weekday); but i was suprised to see many young straight couples (or at least i thought they were ;)! but there were also some older straight couples! anyway, i loved loved loved loved loved it!
    i am sad that it didn't get more praise because the performances, subtlety, cinematography were amazing!