Can't seem to meet any women! Help :)

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by cheval_amant, Nov 14, 2013.

1. cheval_amant

cheval_amant Member

Nov 14, 2013

I know the struggle is not just mine but being single gets depressing sometimes. I'm in the 22yr old (and only a couple of quick relationships with women) to speak of category. I really want to meet some other lesbians even if it's just as friends to start.

I've tried the online thing and these "dates" were either flakey or a just friends.

And as far as giving off gay vibes I think I fall between the fem/sporty look although I love looking tomboy-ish.
    Sometimes I look gayer sometimes I look straight.
    Any advice on meeting like minded awesome women?!
    I love sports, art and horses...and am a book nerd.

Another fact is I live in Portland OR, a lot of queers are out and about. I just seem to only meet the hipster type lesbians and I'm just not attracted to them/we have nothing in common. I'm not being judgmental here I'm just a clean cut sporty woman and we don't seem to ever mesh. And I like women who are also of a similar type to me.

Thanks for reading !
  2. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Sounds like me lol. Can't say I really have any advice though. I have terrible luck with women, if they are interested I'm not. And if I'm interested I dunno how to even go about it.

There's actually a couple of girls @ my college that are totally my type... short pixie cut... but femme and classy.

Honestly my biggest problem is that women intimidate me to no end!
  3. zmbsrxq

zmbsrxq Member

May 16, 2013
    Hi there, great to find a local lady! I'm in Vancouver just north of you. Not sure if you're still around three years later, but if you are maybe we can find a book club to join together. =)