Apple or PC

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Poet, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Poet

Poet Well-Known Member

What's your preference?

Me: I game on a Windows PC, but everything else is Apple.

2. fridolph

fridolph Member

I'm use in windows pc than apple.

Poet likes this.
  3. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

I prefer apple, mainly because it tends to be more user friendly for my line of work. The applications, even the microsoft office at that, is more smoothly designed for the mac.

Paula Davies and Poet like this.
  4. Paula Davies

Paula Davies Member

Mac person here as well. I think it's more friendly and cost-benefit is very good. I have an old macbook white that is 7 years old and still running. Most people that i know that uses windows change computers in 2 years.

Poet likes this.
  5. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

PC all the way. I have used macs at school and at work, but I always found that there were major flaws. My ex (mac lover) even had problems with her mac. I used to laugh at her but then help her cos one of the hardware problems that she had then and back when I was in school more than a decade ago were the same.

As for my computers, I think it depends. If you buy a cheap computer of course you will want to upgrade it faster. However I buy mine based on the specs and I also need a PC for the work that I do as non-cloud based software that I use for work does not work on macs or if they do then they actually don't work as well. There's actually a thought leader in my industry who write about how she uses PC's for work but Mac's at home solely because of the problem that Macs don't function well in our job roles. She resisted for ages but then she couldn't stand how it didn't work on the Mac so she got a PC for work in the end.

I buy the computers for my parents too (PCs) and they generally last about 4-6 years - and these are considered mid-range computers, not top of the line PCs so they are affordable (and much cheaper than mid range Macs). In fact my dad only changed his 6 year old computer because he wanted something new - not because he needed to. My mum tried to persuade him not to get a new one because why bother buying one when it still works but apparently all his friends have new computers and he felt left out. lol Peer pressure at its finest!

6. Pi3

Pi3 Well-Known Member

best of both worlds :D, but a bit lends toward windows.

I love windows, the freedom it has and the options to choose from. Spoiled for choices, and omg the cost is way cheaper than overprice Macs. I have my Macs with 128GB for 4 months now, the space drives me crazy T.T. I know I can buy external hard drive, but still I like all my stuff there when I need it.

Mac's battery is amazing, can last for ages if careful and the new solid stage memory is awesome. Aluminum body doesn't heat up like Windows', and the light in weight can come in handy as well. I burned my graphic cards twice, hopefully this will stand.

7. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

All PC/Windows OSs. Way too accustomed to it/them to use anything else.

8. Witty

Witty Member

Mac all the way!