Anyone have good experiences meeting ladies at the gym?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by rg3_girl, Sep 18, 2015.

1. rg3_girl

rg3_girl Member

I'm thinking of joining a gym in the gayborhood of my city to see if I would have better luck not only meeting the ladies while getting my weekend workout, but also making friends in the community.

Thoughts? Ideas? Stories?

2. Hoochi_Yamaguchi

I think thats a great idea! Everything that rises must converge so you probably will meet other women who joined for the same reason lol... or at least you know they have similar interests of fitness and self improvement. Also try things like dance and yoga classes and meetups and community workouts outdoors. I feel they would be more social than just working out in the gym because most of the time people don't like to be bothered when working out at the gym lol.... I'm the queen of wearing headphones with no music just so people won't bother me while I'm working out but that might just be me lol !!! I sometimes won't even plug them in haha....I digress but Good luck lol ;)

rg3_girl likes this.
  3. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Back when I went to the gym (Iwork out at home now) I probably would have been really annoyed if someone tried to chat me up at the gym. Even in just a friendly way. I want to work out and usually don't have tons of time. Plus I hate people watching me work out.

There probably are friendly people at gyms, but don't be surprised if some people give you the cold shoulder.

4. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

I've met dates at the gym -- but it wasn't like I was looking....more along the lines of having conversations with interesting people that evolve into being asked to grab some coffee or something outside of the gym (meaning this happened after months of cultivating conversation, etc.). The thing is perspective -- if you go to the gym for the sole purpose of meeting someone, you'll look kind of desperate and creepy.

I've always been of the opinion that if you go looking for something -- you'll find what you don't want because you're more inclined to settle. Just go to the gym -- have fun, enjoy a workout and if you happen to meet someone interesting, bonus. Don't go to the gym if your intentions aren't for working out first.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    rg3_girl and greylin like this.
  5. rg3_girl

rg3_girl Member

Yeah, I've tried the meetups (of all kinds mind you) but after a while it gets expensive with all the trips in the weekly meetings. I figured this would be a great place to "cruise" but also to even make friends and get a workout buddy...networking and all that. I also like to workout with my music, but I also have a ton of fun going to the group classes and connecting with people. What can I say, I'm a social butterfly! Thank you for replying, I love this interactive forum!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Hoochi_Yamaguchi likes this.
  6. rg3_girl

rg3_girl Member

I can be the same way. Sometimes you're making time for that workout and want to make the best of it. From my experience, it always tends to be a good time to interact with people once you go regularly. You start seeing the same faces and start with "hello"- so on. Plus, I like making friends at the gym because it challenges you and makes the entire event way more fun- and I'm not one to like to chat during a workout. I would like to make a buddy within the community with whom I can be silly once in a while and join with training sessions...Thank you for sharing your experience! It's good to know how others think in these situations.

7. rg3_girl

rg3_girl Member

It's like we're sharing the same brain! I have had the same experience you just shared. It's fun! Plus I thought it would be a good motivator to get me out of bed in the weekends (since I already work out during the week at work) and get more familiar with people in the community.Thanks for sharing with me, Spygirl! :D

8. Alexa345

Alexa345 Member

I did meet a girl at a gym once and we dated for a while but other than that I only go to the gym to workout and not meet potential dates.