Am I asking too much?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by LiveInTheMoment, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Sunlighttttt

Sunlighttttt Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Hi, LiveInTheMoment, you are not asking too much, not at all.
    It is a common human's need to meet a person who will be part of your life! Keep your chin up and you will find your true half!
  2. RyanAdams1987

RyanAdams1987 New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    You're not asking too much at all. I have a similar resounding feeling.

I'm 28 and the last LTR I had was 4 years ago. I have no idea why I have such bad luck with women. People tell me I'm beautiful all the time, I'm smart, I work out religiously and have a pretty good body, I'm funny, etc...

When I was 21, I joined the Navy and now it's six years later. I just turned 28, and I have absolutely terrible luck with women. My heart is very drawn to successful, alpha femmes with 'A' personalities. The problem is here I am, I'm 28, my job is something I'm really ashamed of (which is should be), I'm starting from scratch with my bachelors degree, and I know for those reasons a lot of the women I'm interested in don't even give me a second look (online).

What my heart wants and what my body/mind want are two entirely different animals though. I also like smart, funny, easygoing, athletic type 'B's who don't take life too seriously.

For the aforementioned reasons, those are reasons I know I rarely get second glances on online profiles and things of that nature from women I'm attracted to.

I can't seem to figure out for the life of me though why women never ever approach me. Most people can tell I'm gay (most gay women anyway, as a whole everyone else seems to be pretty oblivious), but nothing ever happens. I occasionally feel spurts of social engagement and hit on women at bars, but I come off really strong, intense, aggressive, etc.. I think I give too much eye contact, ignore some social cues, and other stuff like that. The women that are interested in me are women I am not interested in at all.

I'm not looking for someone to marry right now, I'm not even looking for an long-term thing for the next couple years because I know how stupid it is to do that when your life is changing so much, it never goes well. I just want someone to talk to who understands me and likes me for me and doesn't want me to be something that I'm not, and I feel like that women does not exist, at least not one who thinks I'm not good enough.

I'm just so lonely, and I fear no one will even give me a second glance for 4 years or so. I don't know how to not come off so desperate and overbearing, it's so hard for me, but I know its the cues everyone picks up on.